Any good shop in London (not to far from the underground)

Vecchio Austriaco

Don't underestimate how big the London Underground is Vecchio.  From central London (say Oxford Circus) it will take about 40 minutes to get out to Hainault for Als Hobbies. 

Central London isn't too well served with model shops.  West London Models is quite close to Heathrow,  but probably not too easy to get to on public transport.  More centrally are Hobbystores in Camden (5 mins walk from Camden Town underground station) or 308 Hobbies (near Holloway Road station.)

Where are you staying in London?

Bruce and John,

Thanks for your hints, I have checked the addresses and tomorrow afternoon I will see what I can reach.
I am aware of the size of London as I have been here several times (but with the family - so not much possibility to look for shops other than those interesting for the others...)

Where I am? I am at Chiswick, as I am participating to some standardisation meetings at BSI. So not too far from from Heathrow.

Friday I will hire a car as I will have a look at my inlaws who are living in Devon. So before that I could have a look to West London Models.
Thanks
VA

Vecchio, Brentford Radio Control Centre is close to Chiswick if you have a car. It is not a large shop, but like all model shops it is packed full.
Also, Slough Model Centre is just down the M4 from Chiswick. This is a much larger shop if that is what you are looking for.