Aerobatic indoor model suggestions

Been a while since i've been on here, but seeing as it's winter I need some advice on a good indoor model.  I want something 4-channel and aerobatic that can  be flown in a small gym, but not sure where to start.  Is the Parkzone Sukhoi ok for this or would it be too fast?

I have the new Parkzone Sukhoi and tried it in a basketball sized gym we use, its too fast really for this size of gym and you spend all your time just trying to miss the walls. My flyingwings YAK 725 is much better and is easilly repairable with a hot glue gun.

If you don't like profile models look at the Kyosho Minium series, my Citabria is really easy to fly indoors, but if you want aerobatics then a profile model is the way to go.

aerobatic indoor models need to be as light and slow as possible. fact. therefore, you won't get as good a performance and will crash more often with a full fuselage model. The sukhoi looks the best of a not particularly impressive bunch, the T-28 i've seen and it was quickly crashed, the beast looks exactly as its name implies and is probs way too fast for indoor. the minium edge 540 i've also seen fly and doesn't look very good, its like a rocket.

so, profile!  if you're looking for something the size of the sukhoi, i have the ultra micro 4 site and its absolutely superb. its not matched at the moment in the ultra micro field, unless the new UMX extra 300 is as good. the video suggests it is so if you can wait till december for one of those...

My experience bears out Frank and Jonathan. Full fuse planes indoors are just too heavy and fly too fast (for me anyway) I just end up circuiting desperately trying to avoid hitting the walls! The flight becomes a series of bank and yank turns if your not careful!

I didn't like profiles either - not "real" planes etc. But eventually I tried one and it was a revelation! So much easier to fly indoors and therefore much more fun.

I bought this from Flying Wings. Sort of 3D trainer. Great fun. Does what it says on the tin. With smaller throws its dead easy to fly - will fly very slow etc. Up the throws and it'll do all your 3D aeros.

Its available as the basic foam "airframe" or with a full compliment of servos - just add rx of your choice. Certainly did the biz for me.

BEB 

I agree with BEB about the Flying Wings EZ3D which is ideal for learning indoor flying. I soon found out that (for me) outdoor flying techniques like 'bank and yank' don't work indoors. That's how I wrecked my last indoor model, an FW Hornet so I eventually scrapped it and transferred the motor, esc and radio onto a EZ3D which flew for the first time last Friday evening. Following the advice of other flyers I flew it at a speed just fast enough for the controls to be effective and used rudder to kick the plane round at the ends of the hall. This needs a bit of opposite aileron to keep the wings level and throttle and elevator are juggled to keep at a constant height. At first it took a lot of concentration but after a while I got the hang of it and kept the EZ3D flying without hitting the walls although I can't do 3D. I also had a go with a new FW plane, Lazy Wasp which is just rudder/elevator but a real slow flyer thanks to its undercambered wing. Very easy to fly. I too have a Parkzone Micro Mustang but don't want to risk it indoors, it's such a great flyer outdoors in calm conditions.

check out my 4-site thread andthis vid of the 4-site for more convincing if you need it

i've test flown someone else's UM mustang indoors and to be honest it was rubbishin my opinion for indoor, too fast for my liking. i could fly it, but it wasn't very good.

oh btw you'll need a DSM2 computer tx for the 4-site if you don't have one, expo is a must in particular. the rates in the manual are a good starting point but when you're used to it stick it on full throws and about 50% expo although adjust to taste naturally. some people will say thats too much, others not enough. depends on your flying style i suppose.