The January 2011 issue

David Ashby - Moderator

Just an aside, I was in Smiths looking for a couple of mags to read on holiday, not having seen my RCM&E, and the quality of the RCM&E offering is streets ahead of any of the competition. With the choice of 4 in front of me I could only bring myself to buy 1.

Its the breadth of articles, quality of photgraphs & paper all go to making RCM&E the best on the stand.

Andy

Mine finally arrived in Chesterfield today and it looks great.

I would have said 'still better then all the rest' but unfortunately that's not saying much these days.

RCM&E has maintained or improved its standards over time and it leaves the rest trailing - IMO.

Dunno if it's just me but the editorial always seems to hit the nail right on the head (albeit a different nail each time).

Jim

First bit praise for the excellent cover shot. That said,, HUMPH! It does not relate to any of the lesd in print on the cover.

The Stranraer Flying boat now, I like that and have done since I saw Dr Jeremy Shaw fly his at Loch Insh many years ago. Sad that I do not fancy using Depron, still, a really nice affort.

That is as much as I have looked at so far, and I have no doubt I will find more I like too.

Mine also arrived  today, one of the better model mags', pity that about a third of the number of pages are adverts and some of the adverts don't even change month by month 

Tin hat on!!! 

Posted by Erfolg on 24/12/2010 13:20:37:
I have not bought the mag. I am not sure that it is on sale in Asda as yet. That is where I pick up my copy.

What did interest me though was Tim Hoopers comments on his wife's involvement and was it appropriate. In my opinion anything that moves any articles formulaic approach that is tediously applied of sticking "a" to "b" has to be applauded. All to often all that needs to be changed is the name of the model and supplier. Which is reminiscent of what was called "boiler plate" bid preparation, in the company I worked for. Where wholesale sections of any tender was assembled from pre-prepared paragraphs, where only names and minor details needed to be changed, with perhaps 5% bespoke content. In my opinion anything which brings some originality to any article is almost certainly for the good. Just go for Tim.
 Yep, I approve of this message  - if there's a better writer of a plan build article out there than Tim, who keeps the reader's interest with every paragraph, then I haven't read them.

Keep up the good work Hoops and put in as much of the interesting stuff surrounding the model as you can manage. It makes the articles a joy to read.

Still not here!!!!!! and now wont get any post till the 4th of Jan 2011!!!!!  At this rate I'll get Jan and Febs issue at the same time.
I know Its out of the control of the RCM&E staff and that I'm not the only one, at lest it gives me a chnce to reread some older issues, as I'm struggling not to read the online issue
Looking at the post here i'm going to enjoy this issue.......as usual!

Edited By Dave Towell on 31/12/2010 14:54:40

Edited By Dave Towell on 31/12/2010 14:56:01

It's arrived!  11.10 today.  Bet I'm not the last in mainland U.K. though.  If it had been much later it would have been second hand.  Do I get a rebate? 

Phil,

I'm relieved to hear that copies are now reaching the wilds of Cheshire. It gives me hope that mine will arrive soon, too. Nothing so far today.

The only positive side to the delay is that I've now read most of the previous issue's articles at least twice!! Now looking forward to Tony's second article in the epoxy covering series.

Steve

This delivery problem seems to be a service provider issue. I assume the Post Office?

Perhaps new management is required, perhaps in conjunction with privatisation and or opening up the market to competition if practical.

From the response the issue seems country wide.

What ever, the source of the failure appears to be evident.

January 5  2011

As it looks likely now that my copy is not going to be delivered,
I am asking that a replacement copy is sent out to me now.
I do not think that a refund is a suitable remedy while copies must exist with the printer.

I understand that it is not the fault of the RCME.
However I would still like to see my copy, and the shop has gone Old Mother Hubbard.

It really is not good enough and the Royal Mail, or whoever, should stand up and admit that they can not perform

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 05/01/2011 11:52:08

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 05/01/2011 11:53:18

Don't ask here hotspur - now't will happen, this forum isn't a communication channel to our subscription service.

I've just phoned our subscriber people on 08456 777 807. There's a bit of a wait as they're getting a lot of calls at the moment (no suprise there). Select option 3 (other matters) and wait to get to speak to someone.

Tell them what magazine you're speaking about (they deal with many) and they'll either send a replacement or credit your subscription with an extra issue.

We've tried to get down to the bottom of the matter but all parties in the distribution chain seem to be pointing at each other at the moment. Needless to say, I'm sincerely sorry that some readers are still waiting for their copy.  

Ps. just edited your post to remove that strange HTML.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 05/01/2011 11:54:07