Biggles' Mess

Yep it`s an Einkel, bought the kit off evilbay a few years back, it is one of the older generation kits where the fit is so-so and painting instructions minimal, still i`m enjoying putting it together and a few days and it is done unlike most of the flyer builds, it makes an interesting change. As mentioned the materials have changed somewhat, i`m a bit disappointed that some of my 45 year old Humberol paints have gone solid in the tins, hopefully the new acrylic paints with their screw on lids will last longer ?. I will post a pic once finished, as mentioned by Cuban8 i also may do a few more in between the fliers.

Edited by martin collins 1

I am not sure whether it's a plastic model but have you seen the adverts for that magazine with a model of the Titanic in many parts?    If you can read the small print on the TV adverts there are 140 issues that are needed to complete the model and all except the first issue are £9.99.    It seems it will cost about £1390 to get all the issues!   

• 4 months later...

It's nice to have a partner who's into the hobby but...!

On 12th January 2019 two pairs of eyes met in a crowded library in Dun Le Palestel, France. Since then two lives have never been the same. Unfortunately, Trish, the object of my affections had to sell up and return to England because her daughter has MS. This was a pity because she owned a farm with several great flying fields So now it's down to me to sell up in La Belle France and to return to dear old Blighty. I mentioned that I had too many models and would have to start selling some of them. My gaze fell on my Flair Harvard but when I mentioned it to her in a telephone conversation she said, "The blue one? I like that one!"

You can't win can you!

Trish me and Bertie.jpg

Miss Blue Eyes reluctantly poses - Copy.jpg

Trish and me at the starting boxes..jpg

Harvard (6).JPG

Not looking forward to selling the house and moving but that's what will be required. We'll probably be based in the North Somerset/Bristol area.

Lots of other things to sort out over the next few weeks. Life really does get in the way of aeromodelling doesn't it!

Test, to get to this thread.

Anyone else having problems with dwp and pension ?

BR1 form filled in many weeks ago and still no letter or email, living on fresh air at the moment.

Hopefully something in Monday's post else it's the merry-go-round of trying to get to speak to the "right person" on the phone.

At least the gas meter has now gone so no more demands from that particular leach.

Edited by Rich Griff

33 minutes ago, Rich Griff said:

Need must eb, it's gunna be a long and very hard winter. Little heating and little food, but at least there is no ordinance falling on us, yet.

Very depressing for you as there is nothing to look forward to. What do you mean 'ordinance falling on us, yet'? 

Steve

1 hour ago, Rich Griff said:

Test, to get to this thread.

Anyone else having problems with dwp and pension ?

BR1 form filled in many weeks ago and still no letter or email, living on fresh air at the moment.

Hopefully something in Monday's post else it's the merry-go-round of trying to get to speak to the "right person" on the phone.

At least the gas meter has now gone so no more demands from that particular leach.

I had a problem with the late arrival of my pension. They sent me a "Life Form" to check that I was still alive! I filled it in and got it countersigned by the local assistant mayor, then I sent it off. After five weeks without any money I phoned them. They had not received my Life Form but they released my payment anyway. Strangely enough the office which dealt with my telephone enquiry is in Newcastle Upon Tyne whereas the office to which I sent the form is in Wolverhampton! I am anticipating a further payment on or about 12th May after which date I will be temporarily rich!

As for ordinance falling on us, I think that Rich is referring to those unfortunates in Ukraine who are being made homeless by the Russian army.

8 minutes ago, Rich Griff said:

Better ask Putin that mate !

Not having our roof over our heads may happen, when the savings run out, which won't take long, but don't worry, if that happens, my future is assured.

I don't understand 'Putin'  and how your future is assured ?

Maybe I would rather not know.

Leave it there Rich.

Steve

5 minutes ago, Rich Griff said:

Must be nice having more than enough money....enjoy.

Not really what I would call nice as I would swap my money for good health any day but we all have our crosses to bear and talking about it does not help because even face to face no one can feel the pain someone else is in and on here it is a waste of breath.

In my world Rich it's only money and I can't take it with me, so I am told. The best way I can enjoy it is by standing on the flight line with one of Peter Miller's designs I have built and can fly for a few minutes at a time. Not much but it puts a smile on my face. 

It's been a grim couple of years but the signs are that I am over the worst as I don't have to take a chair to the flight line now and last week I managed to fly on two consecutive days, I was down to one flight a week.

Never had a problem with DWP and my pension has always come through on time with increases every year. I assumed everyone was the same but obviously not.

What am I staying safe from Rich, just so I know what to look out for.

Steve

EB, I am sincerely pleased that you are getting out and about more, and enjoying your hobby, just as I do.

Maybe you can go slope soaring on a suitable slope, I know you will enjoy that.

I regret having to move from my seaside home town with its harbour for the model boats, massive deserted beach in the winter for model flying, and a suitable soaring site a good but short ( got it down to 12 mins ) up hill march.

Then it happened. 

I thought it was someone letting off a shot gun, but no, the loud pop I heard was in my head. 

Eye problem, eye test, CT scan etc., etc., then they discovered I am diabetic.

Had a stent fitted and life was good, untill march 14th this year.

It's got worse since, very little money.

I know I will get a full std state pension as I took the precaution if getting 2 forecasts done, and I have the letters.

Not sure about the wife's pension but "the law says..." etc., a statement the dwp are fond of using.

They will never ever admit they have made a mistake but are taking thier sweet time informing us, they have corrected their initial mistake on 7th march, which we discovered on the weekly mini statement from the bank we go and  get every Monday usually, but no letter, email or phone call explanation from the dwp.

Since 14th April, things have gone haywire again, but they gave admitted during a telephone conversation, recieving the br1 form in Wolverhampton, and moved our status to "emergency"...

Yes, they are short staffed and still "out of office" ...

Hopefully there will be something in Monday's post.

Enough of my woes..

So, stay safe out there, so you ( and everybody else, there are more than just us two on here ) can continue to enjoy our twilight years for as long as we possibly can.

If you want that car, and can afford it, buy it. As you have been told, you can't take it ( money ) with you.

Enjoy...and stay safe.

It seems to me that the key to getting govt. departments to do as they should, is to do it all online. As soon as there's a paper form involved, it'll sit on a desk in the (virtually unmanned) office until it eventually comes to the top of the pile.

Passports seemingly the same story - online applications 2 weeks, paper applications who knows 3 - 6 months seems average, if you can believe the click bait headlines.

Kim

On 30/12/2021 at 10:42, martin collins 1 said:

Anyone on here still build plastic kits? My R/C plane building board is packed away till the New Year (it lives in the lounge) so i thought i would have a go at putting a smaller model together! I haven`t built a plastic kit since i was in my teens over 45 years ago ? i don`t remember the bits being this small back then! Hands up who can recognise what it is, pretty distinctive fuselage, anyone whos says part built model aircraft will be asked to leave the room! 

IMG_20211230_103531_resized_20211230_103557687.jpg

I've come to this thread rather late but I recognised that fuselage instantly - a couple of years ago,my club was given a piece of one...a section of fuselage skin including part of the front port overwing window frame from an He111 which crashed a couple of miles from our field on its way to do damage to Coventry.  We've mounted it in a display frame on our clubhouse wall.

So far, nobody has volunteered to rebuild it - although I'm told there may be some more bits forthcoming...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kim Taylor said:

It seems to me that the key to getting govt. departments to do as they should, is to do it all online. As soon as there's a paper form involved, it'll sit on a desk in the (virtually unmanned) office until it eventually comes to the top of the pile.

Passports seemingly the same story - online applications 2 weeks, paper applications who knows 3 - 6 months seems average, if you can believe the click bait headlines.

Kim

When discussing the non-payment of my pension with the civil servant, he said that they do not use emails when discussing pensions because of the increased chance of an account being hacked.