PSSA Gliding Events

Phil Cooke

Alan,

Both models were built by Gordon Studley and modified from the original plan with the addition of flaps which gives the option of CROW braking during landing.

The prototype Sea Fury has not yet flown, hopefully during the September meet!

The Iraqi Sea Fury has flown, and it does it very well. It has a huge speed range and tracks through the turns as if it is on rails.

Martin.

• 4 weeks later...
The weekends weather looks very promising for our Mass Build Event with good strength winds forecast from the South West - perfect winds for our most favoured slope at the Tank Track site!

hurricane mass build event logo.jpg

We're expecting a big turnout and there will of course be a huge collection of new models on show!

Please remember your BMFA insurance, there will be a pilots brief given at 10am each day.

Both days will be run in our usual 'Fly For Fun' format but Sunday will see the formal Hurricane congregation for our Mass Build. There will be low key static and flight judging and a prize ceremony planned for 4pm. We have some superb prizes up for grabs in 3 categories - Good Luck to all who are taking part!

pssa hurricane poster.jpg

We will see you on the slope from 9:00am tomorrow!

Edited By Phil Cooke on 07/09/2018 10:47:54

I think there are a few skipping Saturday to give them another days work to get finished for Sunday!

If you finish in time and are able to travel - there is a seat for all at the Cottage Loaf pub 7:15pm Saturday night, if you can make that even if you've missed the days flying please let me know on the phone.

Orme Weekend 8/9th Sept

Well done Phil for calling in the weather gods and for your usual tireless first class work at this event which I will remember for a long time. There were many good flights seen and enjoyed. The highlights for me was the standard of quality seen on the Hurricane build with everyone appearing to enjoy their maiden flights, Matts Sea Vixen which could only be heard 40 yards back from the flight line, a lovely Catalina, Simons Pucara and many more.

Great event with great company made the journey well worthwile

Hi All, Just to add to the above post, still on a high from yesterday, what a great day!

A great event and brilliant to see so many Hurricanes on display in many variants and guises and then see them successfully maidened (20 in all?). It was also a great PSS day in general, with many other impressive models getting an airing.

Just to say a big thanks to Phil Cooke for driving the Hurricane mass build project, organising the event and keeping us all coordinated. Even the weather played ball eventually. Also thanks to Matt Jones for the original idea and prototyping.

From what I saw, every Hurricane that was maidened flew cleanly, pretty much out of the hand on launch.

In addition to the flying it was a great social event, sharing ideas and thoughts on construction and finishing of the models. All in all it was a great advert for PSS.

Here are a couple of pictures - off my phone so not the best. I'm sure people will pipe in with better images!

img_20180909_123007447.jpg

img_20180909_130831855.jpg

img_20180909_123016209.jpg

I thoroughly echo everything said above. I even avoided an 8 pint pub crawl due to the weather picking up in the afternoon.

I have put a story up on the LMMGA website with pictures if you are interested - here **LINK**

Phil you ought to get a secure HTTPS rating for the pss websites. Sites that don't have this can be blacklisted - it should be available from your host.

I'm just wondering who might be coming to the North York Moors PSS fly-in at Hole of Horcum near Levisham on the 22/23 September?

I know Phil can't make it, so we will miss his organisational skills. If there are enough people coming then I'd be happy to look at organising a meal/ get together for the Saturday night.

Anyone?