PSSA Gliding Events

Phil Cooke

Despite the weekends PSSA meet being "cancelled" today, a few of us turned up anyway, and scratched around for lift in approx 3MPH North - South - East - and then West sniffs.
A few resorted to quiet whirly things to assist, and half a dozen or so of us enjoyed a beautiful day on the rock, with Spitfires, ME109s, SU47 Berkats, EPP Eagles, Weasels, and another pure glider, of which I forgot its name ( sorry Steve )
Nice to see 4 new prospective members, and looking forward to a better turnout and conditions tomorrow.
Next is curry and beer tonight, and then bedtime prayers for a westerly.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

This Saturday 19th November is the next scheduled Long Mynd F3f competition.

Open to all, so please, if you don't yet have a specific racing model don't let it stop you coming along and enjoying the fun.

These events are organised to help and encourage pilots take their first steps into competition flying.

It's all very straight forward and lots of help on hand.

Please let me know if you are intending on coming along, so that I can notify you if we cancel on Friday due to snow or the like...

Meet on the carpark on the top of the Burway hill out of Church Stretton 9.00am

Best regards
Mike Evans

• 1 month later...
Yes, after discussions with various PSSA members and the committee of the Lleyn MAC I can now confirm the following four weekends when the PSSA plan to stage 2-Day fly for fun events.

21/22 April 2012 - Great Orme, Llandudno
10am meet each day - Tank Track c/p

16/17 June 2012 - Great Orme, Llandudno

11/12 August 2012 - Abersoch area, Lleyn Peninsula
10am meet each day - Londis c/p - Llanbedrog

13/14 October 2012 - Great Orme, Llandudno

Each event will be run as a Fly-for-Fun off the peg with pilots votes for prizes and a trophy if numbers and flying on the day enable - proof of insurance required upon arrival.

For more information visit the PSSA website HERE 

Fingers crossed for a succesful season ahead!!

Edited By Phil Cooke on 06/01/2012 17:28:47

• 5 weeks later...
Well I wasnt going tobe able to make the 1st meeting on the Orme due to work comittments, However, I have now been able to booka few days off!! Yipee!!

So I guess I had better crack on with the AN72 build big timenow!!!

Electrics ordered
Wings ordered

Spare time... Eeeek!!!

Hope to see you all on the Orme with all the new Russian Aircraft people are building!!

Dave

• 2 months later...

Bad news.

Unfortunately the AN72 has not made much progress recently and with under 2 weeks to go to the 1st meet, it is still a long way from being finished (wings not arrived yet!).

Also, due to the demise of the T45 Goshawk, I dont currently have any PSS models to fly..

So I have made the decision to miss the 1st PSS meeting (which hopefully will give me more time to press on with the builds I currently have going on (AN72, Matador, Hawk, OV-10 Bronco!!!!)

Hope I will see you all soon though!!

Dave

indecision

• 3 weeks later...

Well the first PSSA event of 2012 ran fairly successfully 21st/22nd April with a good turn out of pilots both days and a number of new models seen flying.  The weather did its best to frustrate us, with wind direction and speeds not ideal for PSS flying until later on each day, but those who sat it out were rewarded with 20mph South Westerly winds on the most favoured slope in the afternoon of both events.  Perfect conditions!

A full report and photos to follow very soon on the PSSA website, for now ill post just a few photos to whet your appetite! devil

Edited By Phil Cooke on 24/04/2012 21:00:17

AN-225

Simon Cocker flew his 18' span An-225 'Myria' at the Orme for the first time. Awesome stuff!!

Flanker

Matt Jones test flew his brand new Su-27 Flanker from the Andy Conway plans, fitted with REHEAT!

Vulcan

Matt also flew his mighty Avro Vulcan, 72" span.

Canberra

Simon also beat up the slopes with his 10' span BAC Canberra.

Hawk

And Rez Manzoori showed off his new Hawk T1 in the 2009 RAF display colours. Gorgeous!

That's it for now, the full report and all the photos and videos will go live on the PSSA website soon, ill link here too so keep checking for updates. Thanks again to all who travelled to attend this event and make it a success - a good start to the 2012 season chaps!! yesbeer

Edited By Phil Cooke on 24/04/2012 21:22:00