Where to fly in Spain (Costa Blanca)?

jonp

Staying near Calpe for two months - brought one of my helis with me and have had a bit of an explore but can find nowhere to fly / clubs to join.

Spent the past five years in the middle of nowhere in North America and could fly pretty much anywhere.

Now back in Europe and I guess I need to join a club - to date I have never met another RC flyer.

Any ideas?

There used to be a club in Moraira just up the coast but its now a Lidl. I'm not sure where or if they relocated but there may be something on the web.

I think mayor hobbies are the nearest model shop in Santa Pola just south of Alicante.

If you find out where to fly could you post it here.

Thanks
Pete

Thanks for the replies Pete(s), the only details I can find on the net are that Lidl took over the flying field!
I have dropped a line to Flanker and Mayor Hobbies...... in the meantime I'll keep looking and post any result I find.

Edited By jonp on 09/01/2012 09:06:29

There is a big club in Alcoy, they held the Spanish Scale Championships there a few years ago, a trip up there might be rewarding. There is also a good club in Yecla.

The best way to find out would be to contact the Valencian Federation of Aero clubs. (Name probably not quite right.).

I have now found a club in Costa Blanca, it's called Marina Alta in a small town called Tormos http://www.rcmarinaalta.blogspot.com/ and I have found the to be friendly and very welcoming......though, this is the first club I have joined - maybe they are all this friendly!

Excellent facilites and a real mix of Nationalities.

Hi Peter, no cert A requested. They require insurance, I know of the BMFA (but am not a member as I have been living in the US) but I don't know if they would recognize it. I turned up on the Saturday and they simply joined the Spanish equivelent for me - I paid E36 and they did it all for me. I then turned up the next day and met with the 'president' of the club who suggested that as I am only here for two months that I make a 'donation' to the club of E20 a month and I could then fly.
If I was staying for a longer period of time I think they would rather I joined the club, which I would agree with. If I remember membership is E95 per year.
A very friendly bunch, lots of whom are British.

• 8 years later...