Hitec Optic 6 2.4

3 hours ago, robert chamberlain said:

Hello all, --My Hitec Optic 6 optima sport has developed a rattle from inside. I dropped it and something is rattling around inside. I thought I would open it up to see how important it would be only to discover I can not open the case. This 2.4 case only has 4 screws and it is like it is glued together,--(which I know it could not possible be).  I have looked for all other screws and found none. How does it open up? If it is just some plastic part that is one thing, but  I hate to think some metal chip is floating around. Any ideas out there?---thanks in advance,--Bob C

Sometimes there is a hidden screw under a little stick-on label. Maybe just a small round one. Does any part of the case move at all with gentle persuasion ?

Does it have side plates ? :-

Edited by John Wagg

Robert,

My Hitec Optic 6 Tx has 6 screws in total holding it together. 4 in the main casing and another 2 small ones in the handle.

The side panels that John W and Ken mentioned are just clipped in and can be gently levered out with a small screwdriver from the back of the panel.