Newbies

Clarky

Hey Andrew I don't know if your interested in scale models but I am building a 1/5scale dbsportandscale J3 Piper Cub, a real classic aeromodellers plane which certainly isnt ugly! It comes with precut parts and is built over a plan. It is my first build and I have been told im doing a good job. Im putting an sc 70 4 stroke in the nose so it should sound quite nice :) Aparently it will be only slightly more difficult to fly than a trainer. Go to dbsportandscale.com if you want to have a look, Ill keep you posted on its progress and tell you how it flies.

cheers m8 the cub dont appeal to me as a want a low wing but i will have a look at the site see if anything takes my fancy.
i'm tempted to buy another artf i love the look of the westen uk groove a 3d model but from what i've read it can be calmed down to fly in a more normal manner a few guys at my club fly them and they fly sweet and all of them have them set to differant control rates from full on to gentle flying full on they are ace prop hang knife edge etc etc.

we had a few flyers at the club with the groove, and the early ones had a defect, the tail plains were snapping off at the root, weston supplied one of the lads a new fuz as it got totaled because of the tail comming off, make sure you get a later kit, they say they have cured the problem.
my sugestion would be to get a ripmax bosanova, i've had mine for 18 months now, can be flown like a trainer on low rates, but when you put the barn doors they call ailerons to there full stretch they are very capable
phil

yeah looked at that and like it.
looking at models that i've seen fly or people can tell me about not going to go on shop info no more as had a few times i've been given duff info just to sell me the stuff
and read about that with the groove they claim it was a duff batch but sounds like they droped a clanger with the design

Hi All, my god I am so shocked this thread is still ticking the right boxes. I'm so pleased for you all. Just thought I would let those of you that are interested still after my absence that I passed my A last saturday. I've been working my nuts off as well as attending the club each week.

Finally the examiner decided I was ready to take the test. I'm sure others have done the same, I havent read all of the notes but congrats to those of you that have and happy flying all. I wish everybody on this thread the very best and thanks to those of you that have helped and encouraged me in the past. !!!! Happy Flying :-)

Thanks Danny !! Yep I'm going to go practicing those aerobatics tomorrow, lets hope she comes homes safely !! Have a great week Clarky
PS Sorry Phil I dont know any clubs in Herts, check out the BMFA website, they list them all. www.bmfa.org

hi gang
had an eventfull weekend first of all she went in nose first due to the switch harness giving up the ghost mid flight so fixed her last night and today i screwed up a landing mainly due to wind not making it's mind up which way to blow and broke her again but she is fixed and ready for next week but in between all that i managed to do my first take offs and first powered landings so all in all a good weekend bare i couple of hickups along the way hopefully doing my A very soon stevie my instructer is more than happy with progress
keep you all posted

Hi guys been on holiday all week so not been able to talk. Thanks for the info on sims danny. Unfortunately my pc has broke and iv had to throw it away. Ill have to save up for a new one.Ordering my trainer this week. Is anyone going to weston park modelshow on the 16/17th of this month?

Agree with you David !!! Big Support for the Arising Star, it's just what I have and I am so pleased with it's stability, ability to correct itself and robust body. recommended to any new flyer, I'm still learning with mine and finding out that it will role, fly inverted, loop with ease etc,. it's a really great beginners plane.
Hi all, hope everybody is well :-0) LOL

• 1 month later...
hi all hows things going i've brought a new plane i got the hangar9 p51 mustang pts a trainer would you have it but it's loverly to fly not that i've had much chance with all this bloody rain will it ever stop????. but it goes exactly where you point it and reacts quickly as i've left all the training aids off and am flying by the seat of my pants i give a thumbs up but it's a bit expensive at £130 though