Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

What a contrast from some of the bore-fests we've seen lately. Still influenced too much by that SC for my liking............... but a great race to watch!

Well done everyone who climbed the table; commiserations to those who dropped.

Normal service to be resumed in Austria? A certain MV seems to do well there....

Evening all!

It's a Sprint qualifying weekend this time, in Austria.  So first, the usual reminder...

Don't forget your predictions!

P1 saw Verstappen posting fastest time, ahead of Leclerc and Russell with Perez 4th and Hamilton 5th.

The qualifying for tomorrow's sprint race saw Verstappen taking pole from Leclerc with Sainz 3rd.  Perez finished Q3 in 4th place, but was later disqualifed for exceeding track limits in Q2.  He will start 13th.  Both Mercedes crashed in Q3, leaving Russell starting tomorrow's race in 4th (promoted from 5th) and Hamilton 9th (promoted from 10th)

The Sprint race is at 3:30 pm (UK time) tomorrow, with the race at 2pm on Sunday.

Good luck - and get those predictions done!

• Like 3

Evening all!

At the end of a rather busy day,  let's see how we all scored today!

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 0 Igoronic racing iqon 183
2 4 0 Revers Racing Pete B 158
3 2 1 GASTON Formula Chris McG 155
4 12 1 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 141
5 7 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 134
6 10 1 Torque of the devil Stu 125
7 13 1 Hans Brake Zoonie 125
8 6 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 120
9 5 0 Pitts Specials john stones 120
10 15 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 119
11 3 1 Essex Racing Tony Clark 115
12 14 0 PSS Power Flyer 111
13 11 1 teewrex John Tee 110
14 9 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 102
15 8 0 LetsGoTotoLetsGo GrumpyGnome 94

So,  as Iqon hinted earlier,  our top scorer with 183 points was indeed Iqon!

25 points back on 158 it's Pete B who takes second place today.

And 3 points back from Pete, Chris takes third with 155 points.

Well done to today's top three!

Our overall table now looks like this;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 0 Igoronic racing iqon 1602
2 2 1 GASTON Formula Chris McG 1527
3 3 1 Essex Racing Tony Clark 1512
4 4 0 Revers Racing Pete B 1422
5 5 0 Pitts Specials john stones 1361
6 6 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 1347
7 7 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 1297
8 8 0 LetsGoTotoLetsGo GrumpyGnome 1248
9 9 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 1247
10 10 1 Torque of the devil Stu 1246
11 11 1 teewrex John Tee 1237
12 12 1 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 1224
13 13 1 Hans Brake Zoonie 1215
14 14 0 PSS Power Flyer 1189
15 15 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 1123

Obviously top place (Iqon) remains unchanged by his win today!  But Chris moves up a place to second, pushing Tony down a place to third.

The only other places changes today are Stu and Charles each moving up a place to 10th and 12th respectively - which means that John T and Zoonie each drop a place to 11th and 13th.

The next race is in 2 weeks time at the Circuit Paul Ricard in France.  Don't forget your predictions! 

• Thanks 1

Merci beaucoup une fois de plus, JohnP. 

(rehearsing my French for the upcoming Le Castellet !)

Congrats to Igor & Pete.

I was really hoping for a better points tally but with 2 DNFs in my team, I guess I'll have to be patient once more...

Keep getting your eye on me, Igor...

Cheers & see you all in France

Chris

Well done Iqon, Pete and Chris.

After a good start to the season (for me) using my "judgement", for the last three races I have listened to to so called experts  in the papers and on line with my predictions, and started the slide downwards so next time out I'm back to my unscientific predictions and hopefully claw my way back up a few places.

John

Edited by John Tee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glenn Philbrick said:

I've given up applying logic and form to my predictions I think the dart board is as good as any. I suppose it could be argued that it is more entertaining but does not do my scores any good. How do you top boys do it so consistently?

Listen to FP 1, 2 & 3. ( i did well on predictions this week only got top 2 wrong way round and havent changed my team so far this season ) now forget all that it`s just luck. Now I`m off to put my predictions in.

+1  > regarding FP1, FP2 and FP3, Glenn.

FP2 on the friday (for a non sprint WE) being mostly around the same time of the day as the Quali on the saturday, it 's supposed to be the most 'instructive' for later grid positions.

... now some 'luck' is also needed of course.

Cfr Igor's predictions. Only 2 "wrong way round"... mine were way off that as my points tally clearly confirms.

Cheers

Chris

7 hours ago, Glenn Philbrick said:

I've given up applying logic and form to my predictions I think the dart board is as good as any. I suppose it could be argued that it is more entertaining but does not do my scores any good. How do you top boys do it so consistently?

In previous seasons I selected my team and predictions on what I would like to see happen. The key change this year now being chosen on what is the more  likely result. Not a perfect system by any means…

On 11/07/2022 at 20:07, Tony Clark said:

In previous seasons I selected my team and predictions on what I would like to see happen. The key change this year now being chosen on what is the more  likely result. Not a perfect system by any means…

I think that's what most people do initially - predict based on what they hope for. 

And then changing to what you think is going to happen can bring better results.  Though not always!  There is of course a huge amount of luck involved - though sitting at the foot of the table I would say that, wouldn't I!  But I do think that in fantasygp, as in many other things, there's a very fine dividing line between genius and madness! 🤔

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all!

France this weekend, so without any further delay, the customary reminder;

Don't forget your predictions!

P1 was headed by Leclerc with Verstappen second and Sainz third.  Russell was next with Nyck De Vries in the other Mercedes 9th.

P2 saw a Ferrari 1-2 with Sainz at the top. Verstappen was third with Russell and Hamilton next.

So the talk of Mercedes taking a further step forward this weekend seems to have come to nothing.  So far... 

Don't forget, Sainz has a 10-place grid penalty for using too many replacement engine parts,  and it is likely that Ferrari will replace more parts over the weekend meaning that he could start from the back of the grid.

Qualifying is at 3pm UK time, with the race at 2pm on Sunday. 

Bonne chance à tous!