Tucano Builders Meet Up at Greenacres

Hi All Tucano Builders!

We really hope as many Tucanos as possible will make it to Greenacres. Taking part in the fly-in isn't an essential part of the mass build but it's a nice bit of "added value".

Its a opportunity to get together, admire other peoples' Tucanos "in the flesh" and general swop experiences and chat. Also of course its a great chance to fly the Tucanos together!

So, here's the plan. I suggest that we arrange a "Tucano Meet-Up" for both Saturday and Sunday, that way if you can only get to one day you won't miss out! You are of course welcome to come to both meet-ups. I suggest that we meet in the public area just behind the flight line approximately in front of the Tx Control Tent. Shall we say 2:00pm on each day? That gives folks coming for the day plenty of time to get there and settle in. Bring your Tuc (and a flight battery) with you to the meeting.

I will have a word with the organisers and see if we can book a "Tucano Flying Slot" for 2:30 or 2:40pm on each day.

It would help me a lot if I know how many would want to fly in that slot? Normally Greenacres has a limit of 6-planes in the air at one time. We can probably get the safety officer to stretch that a bit provided we all agree to fly in the circuit and not all over the sky! But even then there is obviously a limit to how many we can have in the sky at once. If a lot want to fly in company with other Tucanos we might have to look at two slots for safety, we'll see.

After all the flying we'll meet up again in the same place which will give David an opportunity to take a Mass Tucano Build Group photograph - so you and your model might even get in the mag!

OK, so could you sign in below please if you intend to be at Greenacres with your Tucano and also indicate if you would like to fly it in the group Tucano slot. Don't be shy about flying - its not a display, it's just a bit of fun while we celebrate the group's achievement in building all the models.

Thanks

BEB

Posted by Martyn K on 28/05/2013 22:20:27:

Hi BEB

As per the other similar post, I'll be there (at least) one of the days - not sure which yet and I'll happily go for the mass fly-in. Wont need a flight battery though... nerd

Martyn

I'll be with him thumbs up and of course intend to take part in the mass fly with a full tank 10% glow fuel.

• 2 weeks later...

OK Guys,

I make it 7 signed up to fly. Obviously anyone who hasn't signed up is still very welcome - but might have to go in another slot as officially we're not allowed more than 6 in the air - but we'll ask the flight line marshall if he will be prepared to stretch a point to 7 under the circumstances, provided we all agree to be sensible and fly in the circuit of the day. There will of course be lots of other opportunities to fly your Tucano outside of this combined effort.

So, the arrangements are:

Meet up by the Tx control tent at 2:00 Saturday and Sunday.

Flying Slot approx 2:30

Hopefully we can arrange with David for a group photo either just before or just after the flights.

The flying element of this is of course conditional on the weather froecasters being wrong!

Looking forward to meeting everyone - if you see me about before hand please say hello - I don't bite honest! See you there.

BEB

If the weather is OK I might get some good photographs of all the Tucano's in the air, I have a 300mm lense for my camera to try out

I will be looking out for people to say hello to so don't be suprised if a 6' 6" tall bloke with long hair tries to stop you to say "are you BEB?"

See you there.