Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

25 minutes ago, Martin McIntosh said:

Old hat now Pete. Lots of pics on my blogs anyway.

Did not do W&W with it this year because my spine is in poor shape and will not let me walk very far or carry things at the moment, but sitting in the shed balsa bashing is no problem. The Chippy took equal second at my local scratch built comp. yesterday. Should have won it but the motor would not come right down to idle so the landing could have been better. First flight with a different motor and first use of the flaps.

Sorry you’re not 100%. Best of luck with the recovery 

Another one ready, got yesterday. As I got nowhere to fly, might as well keep collecting as got nothing else to do. Might aim for 1,000 models and 2,000 engines, as got loads of engines yesterday and now at almost 1,500 engines.

Next is a .90 Miss America P51 also got yesterday...

Cougar (1).JPG

Edited by Paul Marsh
  • Like 1

Finished this, bought as a project, not broken, but the mech retracts were fixed solid and even had the correct 3.5 inch spinner in my stocks and set of electric retracts. now ready to go.  also found a brand new cowl I must've bought and just remembered I had one, maybe fit that, although the old one isn't bad.

P51MissAmerica1 (1).JPG

P51MissAmerica1 (5).JPG

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Paul Marsh said:

Finished this, bought as a project, not broken, but the mech retracts were fixed solid and even had the correct 3.5 inch spinner in my stocks and set of electric retracts. now ready to go.  also found a brand new cowl I must've bought and just remembered I had one, maybe fit that, although the old one isn't bad.

P51MissAmerica1 (1).JPG

P51MissAmerica1 (5).JPG

Hi, I have that model It flies great.

Mine came with fixed landing gear which does not look right when it is flying. I bought some retracts for it but still not got around to fitting them. 

Mine is powered by a Super Tiger 60, 2 stroke. I made my own silencer for it which is concealed within the cowl and when the engine is running sound like a four stroke.

Enjoy. 

• Like 1

Going back a long way.

Back in 1963 I built a Sterling Piper Tri Pacer for free flight. It was powered with a Frog 150 Vibramatic engineThis model won the Free Flight Scale event at the RAFMAA championships.

Recently I bought the R/C version of the kit on Ebay.  I think that the R/C version of the kit is not as nice as my original but it was a long time ago.

Today I was able to fly it with radio and electric power.

DSC01294.JPG

DSC01292.JPG

DSC01290.JPG

DSC01282.JPG

• Like 14

Successful maiden for this little beauty today. A hybrid of Peter Miller's 'Harmony' for the wing, and the outlines of Ian Peacock's Spitfire, so it's a Harmfire...

Built as a one piece model and built light. Covered in 38 micron laminating film and painted with AMMO acrylics. She weighs 2lb 9Oz and is powered by a 3536 1200kv motor spinning a 10x5 on 3S 2200 batteries.

She has retracts, but long grass at the strip today meant hand launches. Peter Miller expertly provided underhand 'control-line' launches and apart from a bit of drama for the first 5 seconds of the first flight, she flew very well indeed.

Graham

Harmfire 180721.jpg

• Like 8

Slight change of pace...

After tracking down a field of Keil Kraft grass, I test flew my latest model, the Mercury, this morning.

The design dates back to 1947. I had a copy of the plan in an old AMI magazine (August 2001).

I've made a few modifications to it (Show me a modeller who doesn't!). As my normal club field isn't suitable for free flight I've added rudder only R/C, which will hopefully enable me to keep it out of the trees that are by our patch.

I'd forgotten the simple pleasure of watching a rubber powered model circling overhead.

IMG_20210722_111609663.thumb.jpg.7d5ce3353f9defc79d2b9e09d95dbc87.jpg

IMG_20210722_111637862.thumb.jpg.8c4cd371e4b91d01b9bb5155eb2dc513.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Successful maiden yesterday for my BNIB new old stock eBay find of the Parkzone P-47 Thunderbolt, the latest addition to my fleet of PZ warbirds. Very pleased with the model, which flies like she is on rails- very stable and quite nippy on the stock set up. Definitely a keeper,

Kerloch 21st July-15.jpg

Kerloch 21st July-16.jpg

Kerloch 21st July-17.jpg

• Like 2

Lovely model, I have always wondered... that the dome style spinners seem to take 50% of the propeller's potential, I suppose its the same with a large radial engine.

I always believed that the prop created forward thrust from the centre out??

I'm sure someone has the answer.

She's a beauty Martin

On 22/07/2021 at 19:05, leccyflyer said:

Successful maiden yesterday for my BNIB new old stock eBay find of the Parkzone P-47 Thunderbolt, the latest addition to my fleet of PZ warbirds. Very pleased with the model, which flies like she is on rails- very stable and quite nippy on the stock set up. Definitely a keeper,

Kerloch 21st July-15.jpg

Kerloch 21st July-16.jpg

Kerloch 21st July-17.jpg

I have the F4 Wildcat only flown twice, but on rails as you say

Wildcat level with good light.JPG