irvine .61

john melia 1

Well it appears i cant source a pitts or dustbin exhaust for my irvine , just been talking to just engines and they said you cant get them for that engine.
Does anyone know where i can get one from , the holes in the exhaust manifold are pprox 34mm centre to centre and the threaded holes do not go all the way through the engine casing. i'm gutted cos i was going to install the irvine in the jodel

Did you ask Just Engines if they could make you an adaptor plate? They made one for me years ago for an MMVS 61.....it was a thick ally plate with countersunk holes for the screws that fixed it to the engine manifold & then clearance holes outside of the engine manifold that allowed the exhaust mounting screws to secure the silencer....(hope that description is clear...embarrassed)

Just came off the phone to just engines , i inquired about the strap on exhsaust for the irvine , but they do not do a one for that engine !!!

I asked how much to make a pitts style exhaust up , they said aroung £50 but i would have to wait three weeks because they are busy . Thinking about going to my local school up the road to see if they could make one as a project in their metalwork shop

thats me not buying anymore old irvines , even though this one is basically new

Hello, I responded to your other thread which has since dissapeared for unknown reasons...

There is currently an Irvine 61 on fleabay with a pitts muffler included. It's not mine or anyone I know, but it might be cheaper and quicker than getting one for your engine from JE + you could always sell whichever engine you don't wannt.

Just Search for "Irvine 61" on fleabay.

thanks will-o i seen that engine earlier today , i emailed the guy selling it , and asked him what he would take for it , just in case he wanted the money quick , as some people do , and end the auction ....................... but i wasnt prepared for the reply that i received a few hours later , the guy was aggressive and abusive saying that people who want to end an auction early are idiots , among other expletives that i won't repeat on here , so i replied stating i was only asking and that a polite "no" would have sufficed , anyway i ended up telling him where he could put his engine.

So thats the end of that , i was going to place a few bids , and if i'd won i was going to put my irvine on ebay to recoup the cost a bit , as its still in its original box , with instructions ect , and has had very little use , anyway i ended up phoning eddie at db sprt and scale , and asked him what he thought about putting a sc91 in the Jodel , he got back to me and said if i can get it to fit , then yes it'll be fine , as long as the CG ends up in the same place . he said the engine size/power is virtually irrelivant .

So i'm now thinking of installing the sc91 ............... any thoughts ??

Posted by john melia 1 on 17/09/2013 19:48:28:

thanks will-o i seen that engine earlier today , i emailed the guy selling it , and asked him what he would take for it , just in case he wanted the money quick , as some people do , and end the auction ....................... but i wasnt prepared for the reply that i received a few hours later , the guy was aggressive and abusive saying that people who want to end an auction early are idiots , among other expletives that i won't repeat on here , so i replied stating i was only asking and that a polite "no" would have sufficed , anyway i ended up telling him where he could put his engine.

So thats the end of that , i was going to place a few bids , and if i'd won i was going to put my irvine on ebay to recoup the cost a bit , as its still in its original box , with instructions ect , and has had very little use , anyway i ended up phoning eddie at db sprt and scale , and asked him what he thought about putting a sc91 in the Jodel , he got back to me and said if i can get it to fit , then yes it'll be fine , as long as the CG ends up in the same place . he said the engine size/power is virtually irrelivant .

So i'm now thinking of installing the sc91 ............... any thoughts ??

There are a number of scams associated with ppl asking to have an auction ended early. The seller would be surrendering sellers protection by trading outside of Ebay which is not recommended. By asking, the seller would have regarded you as a scammer hence the abuse.

Edited By Rick Tee on 18/09/2013 07:32:37

well rick he only had to look at my ebay history and feedback to see i'm definately not a scammer , and as stated a polite no would have sufficed instead of all the blah blah he came out with.

I've had a few people who have asked me the same question over the years , and on some occasions i also have ended the auction early , it benefited me , and it benefited the buyer at that time , on other occasions i have politely said no .

All my feedback is 100% positive .

I dont think you can give a rating to someone who purchased from you outside of Ebay, hence a scammer may well have 100%. I'm not suggesting your a scamer or excusing the abuse, I've had ppl ask to end auctions and some are annoyingly persistant upping the anti with each message. My reply is always the same "NO, if you want it bid on it GL."

Edited By Rick Tee on 18/09/2013 09:11:31

no you obviously cant give any feedback if you purchase outside of ebay , and i've only ever bought from someone who ended an auction early twice in all my time on ebay , my feedback (383) is based on what i have bought and sold within ebays juristiction .

I have had my account hacked by a so called scammer a few years ago ago , and apparently i had bought a tipper waggon among other things !! So yes i've been scammed , but i've never scammed anyone ever on ebay .

Anyway back to the irvine .61 , i've decided to give up on the irvine , and i've bought a new ASP .61 with remote needle assembly off hobbyking for a total of £47 including shipping , just engines do a pitts exhaust for these for £28 . The way i look at it is at least the exhaust will be interchangable , it will also fit an os 60 , whereas once the irvine breaths its last , then the exhaust would be redundant

• 8 years later...