Mini Jazz builders hangout.

Kevin Fairgrieve

• 2 weeks later...

Just had an email from MHS.

"December Deals
Throughout December we will be offering you great discounts on selected products and ranges. Week one kicks off with 50% discount on all plans across the myhobbystore website. To take advantage of this offer simply enter the promo code Noel at the checkout or quote to your customer service agent on or before Friday 6th December."

So go get your Mini Jazz plan for £6.25

I may even get one myself.

Kev

Hi Guys, i've just added a 25% off deal on our CCU00 undercarriage to our website for all you Mini Jazz builders. Apologies to all who have already purchased them. Is great to see them being used. If anyone would like to send us pictures of their planes once they are completed and in use to [email protected] then they might get used on the new website we are about to launch.

The link to the page is here - **LINK**

Good luck with the mass build, an excellent concept. If there is anything we can supply for the other builds in a similar way then please let me know. smiley

Posted by Chris Benoy on 05/12/2013 18:27:42:

Hi Guys, i've just added a 25% off deal on our CCU00 undercarriage to our website for all you Mini Jazz builders. Apologies to all who have already purchased them. Is great to see them being used. If anyone would like to send us pictures of their planes once they are completed and in use to [email protected] then they might get used on the new website we are about to launch.

The link to the page is here - **LINK**

Good luck with the mass build, an excellent concept. If there is anything we can supply for the other builds in a similar way then please let me know. smiley

To late for me as mine have been purchased and fitted to the model.

A very generous offer which I hope many will take advantage of.

Here they are on my MKII Mini Jazz.

mock up (1).jpg

Here on my MKI Mini Jazz

And a larger set on my "Maxi Jazz"

p2191147.jpg

Kev

• 1 month later...

I am almost there.

A question for those going down the I.C. route (of course you e*$£^%*c people can chip in as well), regarding prop selection.

The little SC12 that I am using recommends an 8x4 prop. Now to me that seems a little on the large size, diameter wise not pitch.

What do you all think? Maybe a 6x4 or a 7x4?

I have an 8x4 so that is on it for now, but I can always get other size`s. I may just go with it and see what happens or even buy some smaller and go compare!!!!!!!

Thought please.

Kev

And so my MKII Jazz is ready for its maiden.

That got me to thinking!!

twins (1).jpg

twins (2).jpg

Twin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems to work out quite well. Total span comes out at 43.3/4 an increase of 9 1/4 inches this brings the built up area of the wing without tips to 39 inches. Adding about 3 inches to the rear fuzz looks like it will work well to and with about another 3/4 inch added to the rudder depth it seems to be about right and in proportion for its size.

Would have to be electric I think!!!

Thinking aloud here, can someone work out the powertrain requirments for this for me. I know two things about electric set ups. Nothing and even less.

Kev

Posted by Dave Taylor 2 on 18/01/2014 12:35:38:

Hi new to forum could anybody please tell me if they no were to get plans enlarged for the mini jazz so can now make a maxi jazz to go with the mini jazz I have just made cheers

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 18/01/2014 19:11:38

Hi David and welcome.

I have 2 Mini Jazz and an enlarged "Maxi Jazz"

I just took the plan to my local copy shop and had them enlarge it. If I recall correctly to 114% giving a wingspan of 49inches as opposed to the original 35.

Standard servo`s all round except for the throttle. The Mini Jazz has HiTec mini`s all round.

The pictures can be found here.

Kev

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

What a great plane, would like to have a go at building one, and after messing about with foamies and electric, this will be my first go at I.C glow and Balsa.

I live in France so cost of plans including postage is £16, which is nearly half the cost of the SC .15 engine I'm going to buy.

So does anyone know if there is a voucher promo code for these plans, or is it possible to buy the back issue of the magazine that these plans appeared in, and if so, what month was it. This all sounds a bit mean, but I am on very limited income, and have to keep all my building costs down.

Thanks for a great build log, it has really inspired me.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hi John, and welcome to the Jazz Club.

I am building my first electric plane the Dawn Flyer as part of the mass build.

I can`t really help with your set up, but others will be able to.

A 2200 mHa should fit physically but you would need to build in an access hatch.

There are one or two builds in the 2014 section that reference electric. Try Mashers for a start.

Building tips: Do the mod re the very narrow fuselage section and add a ply doubler.

Enjoy.

Kev