Weekend 29-30 March

Rain all morning but the sun came out at 1pm so I raced down to the patch for a few flights. Flew the Pzone Trojan - took the wheels off and she was just so smooth, what a super little aeroplane. Flew the new Extra 260 from Overlander too. Got in about 4 flights before a band of rain stopped play by 3.30....good while it lasted!

Last night we went to the Angel Sports centre in Tonbridge where there's a little indoor informal gathering once a month. Free flight till 9.30 then R/C. Lots of Kyosho Miniums whizzing about and we tested the new Pzone Ember RTF indoor - went very well, hardly any trimming and straight from the box pottered around the hall.

Good thing is it's still light at 7pm today and flyable so the evenings sessions are approaching  

Got to the field at about 2, beautiful weather nice and warm and sunny hardly any wind. My engine just wasn't having it, tried turning it every which way but nothing helped. I got some help from an experienced member who took apart the carby and re engineered it ( by this time it hadn't been working for about 3 hours) so then we tuned it back up. I took off started flying it around and the engine cut, I managed to get it down into the next field and when I went to collect it the high speed needle valve was nowhere to be seen. Any one know where I can find a needle valve for an sc52 with rear mounted needle?

Went to Loch Earn for the Waterplane splash-in, just a month early for it this year due to the daft time to hold Easter. We decided end of April soon enough next year. I was pleasantly surprised at the number who did turn up for the weekend given that the weather forecast was kind of Iffy.

The guys that wanted to fly on the Saturday had the opportunity with fairly good conditions, I gave flying a miss as I was feeling uncomfartable with the ankle. Sunday turned out to be quite a nice day with a fair number of the guys arriving for the day.

Our host at the Watersports Centre had a couple of flying trainees entertaining us with the full size floatplane too. .