What's flying over your house

David Pearce 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The weather here today is good, for January...

Mist so visibility is down to 300 metres as I can see the spoil tip from the kitchen but not the hills and mountains across the valley.

Just seen ( heard it a good 2 mins before seeing it ) a Chinook thru the merk well well below the 500 ft mark from the house, below pylon hieght towards to valley opening out...

No bang, lights and power still on so all ok...

He was low low and would have had to gain hieght quickly to fly over the power lines....he was low enough to fly under them but I doubt that happened....

• 2 weeks later...

Noty over our house but over our flying field

Four of us mowing and flying when we had a visitor (No models in the air) 

It obviously circled to have a good look at us

DSC01562.thumb.JPG.74116cb96a8a16eed5bd71e0b8785f83.JPG

They have hovered over our box in the past and I have p

UPLOADED IMAGES

DSC01563.thumb.JPG.400ad0569eed693a7aad9f6a4b09fe05.JPGDSC01561.thumb.JPG.39a4c41b8e31dad80ce4f9c782b0b7d9.JPG

DSC01562.JPG

408 kb · Done

DSC01563.thumb.JPG.400ad0569eed693a7aad9f6a4b09fe05.JPG

icture of that

This is the shot  from my bedroom window (Yes, a very long lens!!!)1378040127_Helicopter012(1).thumb.JPG.3a1c54c19f4e368d42a349e7383c8951.JPG

A few days ago, a small executive jet flew over at low level. Surprisingly slow, and was VERY quiet - maybe is was descending with it's engines idling....... although there is no airport on it's heading.  No idea what it was and an internet image search didn't help as they all look so similar!

Apart from that, just the usual Typhoons, and a couple of F14's on their way out to the North sea.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a real treat on Wednesday night.

I heard a fairly loud helicopter but nothing on 360 radar for it so I popped out with my camera.

Nice blue Westland Augusta coming fairly low across the field just to the left of my house .. started getting some pictures and gave it a wave too.

He apparently spotted me!

He threw it hard across towards me and then the side doors came open with someone kneeling in the doorway then ... came nice and low right over me twice then did a S shape flight away from me, doors closed and off he went.

I was totally made up! Super experience..and just for me ?

Shot inside to upload the pictures to my laptop and check the reg number ... PH-PXZ .... Netherlands Police!!

Great experience and really was "Flying over my house" ... you can see the roof and ridge tiles in a couple of the shots.

I haven't had chance to work on the RAW picture files but pretty sure I will be able to get some really nice pictures .... there are obviously a lot more than just these ?

nl01.jpg

nl02.jpg

nl03.jpg

nl04.jpg

nl05.jpg

nl06.jpg

nl07.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I saw a B-25 flying low level over our company in Heilbronn, Germany. Sitting at the computer a few minutes before end of work, heard an unusual noise and saw the familiar twin tail and two radial engines from behind. Thinking about taking a picture with the smart phone I just opened the windows to listen to the engine sound. Got small and vanished very quick. Absolutely unusual sight in our region!

Timo