PLEASE, AEROMODELISM SOLIDARITY WITH SPAIN

Kincade, I think you'll find we already have quite a list of our own similar silly laws - most of which I presume were passed centuries ago and have never been repealed.

Such as;

1. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament

2. It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside-down

3. In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless except as a clerk in a tropical fish store

There's more in this article in the Telegraph - including, in the foreign laws section, the one about not naming a pig 'Napolean' in France.

I seem to remember that many years ago the Spanish team race (and presumably combat) competitors were banned from using Oliver TIgers. They had to use the Spanish made ZOM engine.

I also seem to remember from those days that the Oliver TIger piston and cylinder could be used in a ZOM crankcase!!!

We asked them modelers Spanish solidarity, no matter which country you live, all anyone can support us by signing this link only:

**LINK**

You can see that we have solidarity signatures Mexico, Argentina, Germany, etc., as I have told them we are modelers recreational , not of competition or trade professionals.

Only take a few seconds more signatures the better.

Thank you.

Edited By MANUEL HERNANDEZ on 03/08/2014 15:11:58

• 1 year later...

Don't know if there is a connection or not:

I spend a couple of months a year near Malaga and have tried for three years to contact the local club with a view to visiting and flying with them. All messages (in Spanish and English) to the web site contact address and their facebook page have met with no response.

On checking their website now I see that their flying field has been closed by the local government back in January this year and that there was a purge by the police on flying from other location in the area.

A number of years ago I visited a club at Velez-Malaga (around 25km east of Malaga) - specifically the Velez-Malaga Club Aeromodelismo Axarquia. I didn't get any response from an enquiry via their website a few weeks before I went there, but eventually found their site and went along to say hello.

There was also occasionally a small group of flyers at an old industrial site at the eastern end of Nerja when we were there.

I don't if either of these are anywhere near where you spend a couple of months, Graham?

Thanks John

The club I tried to contact was http://www.clubrcmalaga.org/

Both those site you mention are certainly close enough to be of interest.

I'd like to be able to make contact before leaving the UK with a view to taking a small plane with me. With luggage for two months, two dogs, the co- pilot all sharing space in a little Honda Jazz. I dare not take a plane along simply as decoration...

Ive just found the facebook page for the seemingly very active Velez-Malaga Club Aeromodelismo Axarquia. Going o try for contact here.

Thanks again

Graham, the Nerja site seemed, from the information I could gather, to just be a group of flyers - not a club as such - and as the site was small, mainly helis though possibly these days it would be suitable for small electrics. It was near a derelict factory(?) not far from the junction on the autovia at the eastern end of Nerja. It's labelled Fabrica de Maro on google maps.

The Axarquia club took a little tracking down! Their flying strip is in the middle of a large expanse of 'scrub' land as you will see on google maps! After driving round and round for about an hour I eventually discovered the entrance was via one of the dirt tracks leading off the road near the SW corner. It was near the track to the kart circuit. If I remember correctly there was a sign at the entrance (not now there on google maps streetview) saying something like 'keep out' - though my Spanish hardly goes beyond "two beers please"!

Few of the members present when I turned up spoke more than a few words of English, though a German chap spoke good English and showed me around. I was there in mid-summer and they only flew until about noon as it gets too hot to fly after that.