Warbird Replicas Spitfire LF mk IXc

Ady Hayward

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little bit of info for those who haven't flown theirs yet. C of G range is 85mm to 95mm from centre of leading edge. In the manual it's from the rear of F2, same location as leading edge. Mine is set to 90mm and is a dream to fly, nose heavy and she'll fall into a turn, tail heavy and it's a real handful VERY sensitive to elevator movement. You need to be very accurate in setting this up.

• Like 2

On 07/06/2022 at 13:42, Paul Johnson 4 said:

Just a little bit of info for those who haven't flown theirs yet. C of G range is 85mm to 95mm from centre of leading edge. In the manual it's from the rear of F2, same location as leading edge. Mine is set to 90mm and is a dream to fly, nose heavy and she'll fall into a turn, tail heavy and it's a real handful VERY sensitive to elevator movement. You need to be very accurate in setting this up.

Think mine is at about 90mm and apparently was lovely to fly.

Totally agree - both have pros and cons.

I fly both.

We have no noise restrictions, but I don't fly ic early in the morning, or late evenings (going to propose that club rules include some restrictions, so we avoid any complaints as we now have a number of petrol engines fitted with standard 'mufflers'.. ).

I've been spoilt with the number of full size warbirds I've watched in flight/up close and found the model engine very lacking to fulfil that void. There's only one model I've heard that blew me away. A seafury with a 250cc moki. Unfortunately my pockets are not THAT deep. So until they release a 1/8 scale Merlin for £30 I'll have to stick with the electric..

Yes , the Avios Spitfire provided some useful details . However in typical fashion , they are hardly ever available .

On another note , regarding Ron's wonderful laser twin noise , you probably heard two birds having a very animated conversation . 

I shall translate (being fluent ) . Incredibly , they were not discussing the magnificent Laser , long stroke twin . 

They were outraged at the increasing price of "Trill " . Which any Budgie owner will know , has been relatively stable for the last twenty years . Apparently cuttle fish is also difficult to find , and small mirrors ....

55 minutes ago, Paul Johnson 4 said:

Well I have it on good authority your translation was off.... it was more to do with hobnobs.

I wouldn't be surprised. I used the R Wills guide to Latvia and asked the locals for directions to the post office. I ended up in a very odd establishment and now have a Husband, and a squint...

• Like 1