new arrivals

Vecchio Austriaco

After the uncle of one of our neighbours passed away I was chosen as the heir of the uncles model stuff. I am pleased as I am living in Newport only for 16 month.

So what is it? No - not the super jet collection, but 2 trainers, one brand new and from approximately 2009, unfinished. It came together with a brand new engine.

bobcat 40 1.jpg

bobcat 40 2.jpg

Its a bobcat 40 from a Taiwanese company called C&Y, wingspan 1480mm. the engine is a sc40 2 stroke. There is a slight hangar rush at one of the wings, but this can be repaired with a few pieces of foil.

The second plane is an unknown 3-channel trainer, with quite a bit of dihedral. It is a bit smaller and has a totally gummed up Enya 19 in front. It looks like plan built and needs a bit of TLC. But I will try to leave as much as possible in original condition, as it is nice to have a real oldtimer...

Wings look like foam with veneer coating, and after that a tissue and dope cover.

Anybody out there who has an idea what this could be?

unknown 1.jpg

unknown 2.jpg

But it is not only planes - I got also a scroll saw, slightly rusty but working fine.

saw 1.jpg

I gave the table a good rub and oiling and it looks already better.

saw 2.jpg

I call that Christmas in August.

VA