PSS Models FOR SALE or WANTED

Phil Cooke

smileyPosted by Andy Meade on 29/01/2016 11:56:34:

Well, I picked the Vulcan up last night - what an Aladdin's Cave of lovely aeromodelling. I couldn't be happier with the Vulc, I will post some progress pics as and when I work on her in general chat yes

Thanks Andy glad your happy with it. The air brakes are based on the real Vulcan so they should work ok

As I’ve just posted on the Skyhawk thread I’m new to this whole PSS stuff but digging into it I’d like to get my hands on a plane asap. The Scooter is going to take up most of my time come March and I have a 3m Pilatus B4 just about finished on the bench. So I’m wondering if anybody has something their looking to pass on that’s pretty much RTF? I’d want a jet based plane and optionally something that is a good all-rounder.

Thanks, Nick

• 4 weeks later...

That Hawker Hunter is the plan for the blue hunter I have been flying at the PSS meetings. Built by my Dad in 1984 (the article is December 1984 Radio Modeller) so 32 years old this year.

It is semi scale and is a foam wing, boxed balsa fuselage sanded to shape . It needs reasonable lift to fly well and you need to keep the speed up, too slow and it will drop a wing. Any one who has seen it fly will know that it has an incredibly fast roll rate - back in the days when my Acoms radio didn't have exponential it was a real handful to fly. Strongest wind I've flown it in was 70mph at the Orme.