PSSA Chat

Phil Cooke

Hi All,

Dont know if this counts as PSS chatter but thought I would share this here!

The Aviation Hall at the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry is closing sometime soon ...... not sure when and there is probably a good 12 months left yet.

But well worth a visit if you are in the area, before all the aircraft are dispersed elsewhere.

Example exhibits: Avro 707, EE P1, Avro Shackleton, Hunter, Tornado, Spit XIV, lots of early Avro stuff, Bristol Belvedere, Bristol Sycamore, Vampire,Flying Flea - plus many others. Lots of other interesting items including Vulcan wind tunnel models. Plus lots more artefacts to see.

A good way to while away a wet day!

Well worth a trip - parking is easy - normal hours 10-5 - entry free with donation request.

Just thought I would share.

Regards

Harry

Edited By Harry Twist on 07/01/2016 11:13:50

Edited By Harry Twist on 07/01/2016 11:14:23

Ah yes, I know that model. It originally belonged to a flying buddy of mine, Roger, aka Cliffhanger. Unfortunately he passed away due to prostate cancer, but before doing so he distributed his models amongst his friends, and the Acrowot ended up with another of my flying buddies, Mark, aka Nuclear Dwarf, who still flies it occasionally.

Matt - just happened over this thread while looking for something else!

No progress recently - I am hoping to have the shed into a usable condition soon and then re-commence with the various projects.

In the meantime the weather looks reasonable for the Orme over the weekend, and I can get down on Sat with my lad, so will do some kite flying on the beach then up on to the rock, not sure of times, but will be clearing via the misses and hopefully popping down/over.

Oh gawd! Don't boost his ego!!

As a helpful, willing and competent launcher of models Andys face and top half has crept into many a photo this past couple of seasons, and the mags do love a good launch shot as they are dynamic and lend scale.

What I didn't realise is that this would see him become the 'face' of the PSSA whenever our work is in the public domain!

How this will effect magazine sales and Association membership will have to be studied...devil thumbs up beer dont know

if there's any moderators about could they remove this double post...yes

Now I'm glad you mentioned Phil about Andy's launching pictures, and a good launcher he is too. And after discussing it already with Andy, he 'ought' to have a middle nick-name included in his name to recognise his many a good launch. wink

Edited By Mark Kettle 1 on 23/01/2016 08:28:55

I feel the 2.4 calling me, but so far have stuck to 35meg......... do I need therapy??? secret

But the choice is so confusing, so I'll probably stick with what I've got........even if I get scorned on the slope.....

At least the sheep are not judgmental ..... cheeky

Posted by Andy Meade on 25/01/2016 11:19:36:

I jumped to 2.4 (FRSky module in Futaba trannies) about 6 years ago when it cost me one of my favourite slopers. Huge glitches and then went right in. Telemetry back to me these days from the receivers is a real bonus too!

Been looking at those, should have enough channels to have 'extras' on the AC130.......

Will probably take the plunge next month (when work settles down).