PSSA Chat

Phil Cooke

I was passing Horcum last weekend while driving home from Hull. If it is still a viable PSS venue then maybe an event could be run. I wonder if they'd be open to gaining a new member who'd co-ordinate things, or perhaps an existing member may pick up the baton again...

Hmm....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello All,

not been around much as family and work priorities have been just that!

I'm planning to come to the meet next week, campervanning with parents nearby, so both days looks good. I've even got some time off to try and get the sabre flyable before the weekend....

I might be retired before the TB-3 gets much further!

Right, order some glass cloth for the Sabre, and some extra paints and decals. red, silver, yellow.

Can anyone guess the new colour scheme yet?

Edited By Olly P on 09/08/2017 09:05:07

Edited By Olly P on 09/08/2017 09:05:18

• 5 months later...

I'm glad that interest in the 2018 Hurricane Mass Build is sparking questions regarding its whereabouts - please believe me we are working very hard behind the scenes to ensure this project is released in a robust, productionised manner with Sarik as soon as possible!

IMO - we are still on track for a March 1st start date (which gives more than 6 months to complete the model ahead of the event 9th September) and I intend to 'go live' with with a forum launch, FaceBook launch and PSSA website launch by 24th Feb, giving you all the info you'll need to place your woodpack/plan orders.

In very quick summary, following the demise of Traplet (with whom we had done a significant amount of work), we received the first woodpack from Sarik late November '17 and Matt and I set off completing a beta test build - which revealed a number of minor issues with the parts and drawing. I travelled and was working face to face with the CAD guy only yesterday - our iterative work is due for completion next week!

I then just need to agree costs with Sarik and we are good for launch. Matt has made some lovely plugs for the canopy and spinner and they are already with Sarik for Vac-Forming. Event Logos are complete, event date set, we really just need a little more time with Sarik and we'll soon be up and running!

Edited By Phil Cooke on 08/02/2018 07:50:10

• 2 weeks later...