Flying in Wiltshire

Michael Denest

Well, I was a little bored and at least it was sunny today so I decided to hit the roads to see what I could find. Using Colin's guidance, I tracked down the Druids club field. Unfortunately, there is a large gate at the entrance which was closed and locked. The path to the field looked to be hard packed gravel and soil so it was just as well.

So it was back through Salisbury and down the A354 to Wimborne. Nothing going on but at least I took a nice drive in the country. I'm going to have to talk to my company about sending me here during the winter! wink 2

• 1 month later...

Well my tour of the UK has come to an end and I've returned home. The only negative I can think of on my trip was the blasted weather! I found a few good flying sites (thanks guys!) but unfortunately the timing of my visit was not good for flying. Anyway, thanks to all for the references of places to go and things to see. Who knows? I may return again. Happy flying all.

Mike