An introduction to the 2016 PSSA Mass Build - A4 Skyhawk

Just stumbled across this on the web, I had no idea Van Halens 'Dreams' original video was just a compilation of some (to be fair, pretty cool!) A-4 Blue Angels footage!! Check it out - you don't have to like the music - some of the flying footage is pretty awesome (some excellent low level stuff taken in the day before Airshow rules were changed for the worse

Rock On!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks, what has happened to your chat site I have not seen a posting in ages? Glen and I in Melbourne Australia are still awaiting delivery of our kits and plans, I have purchased all the extra balsa etc required and now it is up to Traplets to deliver the goods. They told me 2 to 4 weeks, this is week 5. sad Can we see some of your build photos Please?

Hiya Shane,

I think the build blogs have been quiet this past week or so as folk have been readying themselves and their models for the first flying event of the season which took place last week, that's certainly the reason I have not updated my blog in a while.

All the blogs are stored in the same folder, theres loads of info in there. Go to the top of any page and you'll see the hyperlinked file path.

All Forum Topics > PSSA Mass Build 2016 - A4 Skyhawk > An introduction to the 2016 PSSA Mass Build - A4 Skyhawk

Hope your kits arrive soon, that must be 4 x A-4s being built in Australia we've been made aware of thumbs up

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Silly Question - for those of us who have never been near the Orme, where exactly is the flying site? Google street view combined with PSS video footage suggests the wee road off to the left up the hill just past the 'Rest and be Thankful' near the lighthouse. Am I getting warm?

Perhaps this info is already posted somewhere. If not, could someone please tell me the site OS map coordinates?

thanks

yes that's right Malcolm, take the Orme's perimeter toll road (Marine Drive) from Llandudno pier and follow that almost 3/4 of the way around the Orme, with the sea on your right hand side. Pass the Lighthouse B+B, pass the Rest & Be Thankful café and take the left hand 'Tank Track' path up to the car park at the top.

This of course assumes we get the wind direction we hope for! If its Easterly, we park at the Ski Slope and walk to another slope from there - but lets discuss that a couple of days before the event.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone attending I have found this weather station shows accurate and instant direction and wind speed https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IBEAUMAR3
The one in Llandudno must have houses around it as the direction and windspeed is always way off.

Or if you're on the prom there is a handy weather vane on the corner of Clarence Rd and the Prom look up and see where the dragon is pointing

Forecast is 15kph which will provide plenty of lift from the slope just past the "rest and be thankful" on the left (narrow concrete track, you can't miss it)

• 1 year later...

nice one KK - thanks for sharing here!!

I had seen the photo had been selected on this particular (unofficial) BMFA site, some good exposure for the PSSA and our Mass Builds! I find it hard to believe that photo is fast approaching being 2 years old! In a few months we will have our Hawker Hurricane equivalent for 2018!