Warbird Replicas Ju88 Night Fighter build

Ady Hayward

• 3 months later...

Late to the party but i have just picked up a second hand part built Scott ju88...it has been started for ic motors but i shall be changing to electric.  What are those retracts usednin the mains?  I had considered fixed gear because the ic build is probably heavier than an eflight version, but havent weighed it yet.

Built up wing, no foam...and engineered like a ship.  I will save a lot by stripping out the push rods and bellcranks i think...I shall use local servos instead.  

Im looking forward to this one.

David

20220131_182551.jpg

20220131_182546.jpg

IMG-20220131-WA0006.jpeg

IMG-20220131-WA0004.jpeg

Edited by David perry 1
  • Like 2

Hi David,

Late to the party.. I think not!

Some of us haven't even started yet and its a way down the list of others (including WB Replica's) to be built first!. Although not a WB Replica kit it would be well worth posting your build either here/separate thread for a Roy Scott JU88 so as not to confuse some. 

There are a good bunch guys on here that can help with advice with your JU 88 as its different to Richard's design and all I would say from my experience is get as much weight out as possible. My Ta 154 ended up heavy and in its short life did not fly well (would be a massive understatement!) so if you can look to remove as much as you can before sheeting/covering its a good plan. Not sure where Roy's 9 1/2 lbs  (72 inch) comes out compared with the WB Replica one so I let other s comment on that

As for retracts it might be worth a chat with Richard a he does some very nice mains that could suit you or at lease some very helpful advice.

PS Worth bearing in mind that you may encounter the "boys" and the Right Rev Sweep, 

Edited by Chris Walby

Thanks Chris.  9 1/2 lb...wowee.  I havent yet read the article but I had guessed at 7lb ish...an extra 2.5 is some fat!   

Ok on the new thread...will do that to avoid messing up the WB one.

In fact I'll do it now...

D

ps. Not sure who the boys are or the right rev'd sweep...i"ll pull my mitre down hard and hope to get away with it.

• 1 month later...

So with Richard moving to Wiltshire, me still in Essex, Covid and lockdowns, we ended up with the stock in storage. Richard has started to sort out some things. So I thought I would give you guy's the heads up. I have just put one P51B kit, one P51D kit and Two Hurricane kits on the WarbirdReplicas.co.uk website. There is also One JU88 Bomber kit but you will have to email me for that. All are first come first served.

Glynn