Looking for mfc near Evanton

Hi everyone,

I've been away for a few months and moved to Evanton near Inverness to be with my new gf and her children. Im looking for a flying club. Would prefer somewhere with tarmac and 75ft plus for my jets though short maintained grass would do for the moment. Also heli friendly would be beneficial to me.

Kind Regards
Scott Ps girlfriends children love model aircraft! Woohoo

Edited By scott finnie on 25/03/2016 18:28:20

Not really my part of the world, but my father was born in Invergordon and lived there for his first 20 or so years. When I was a child we spent most family holidays there.

I've heard of a club that is situated in the hills near Dingwall with a view over the Cromarty Firth. I guess looking at their website it's the Ross-Shire MFC.

Otherwise there appears to be an Invergordon Model Flying Group who fly near Lower Kincraig.

It doesn't look like either club has a tarmac strip, but I could be wrong! There is/was an old airfield, RAF Evanton - though I've absolutely no idea what state it is in or what use it is put to these days... Maybe possible to fly from???