Crashtastic??

there are different aspects to our hobby. Looking at the high quantity but low quality of their models did puzzle me. every video seems to start with a new box from hobby king then they throw it into unsuitably high winds on a not very suitable flying site. Then they declare "it flies" or not after some not very impressive video footage of the model flying a few circuits.

This may be obvious (but it was not to me for a while) but their main focus of their hobby is not model flying but social media . Hence the need for the vast quantities of very similar foam EP model. It is just to give them a new topic for the next video

They have a large number of videos and in most of them they are not doing a lot wrong. But there were some videos (now removed) that showed some incidence that were potentially dangerous and not the best way to conduct model flying.

They seek attention and praise. When they got criticism they were not happy and seemed to dismiss it as unwanted interference. Hopefully they will be more aware of safety when flying and be more reluctant to post videos of misconduct.

TBH I think everyone has said what they want to say about this. I think that endlessly ressurecting the thread with more examples is getting pretty pointless. We've had our say - from all sides. Unless someone really does have a new aspect or comment on this, expressing something that hasn't been gone over in great detail already, then its time to move on.

BEB

I agree enough been said, would like to comment on the B question though, although it's not aimed at the Geek lads. No rule/law stating B is needed for a show/display the BMFA recommend it, but it's your call if you're display organiser, when you know the flyers personally i.e they're clubmates you're better placed to judge who's safe to fly at an event, there's many a flyer without a B who you'd gladly take and plenty B flyers who'd make you a nervous wreck.

John

Well the "RC model geeks" did make me curious. mainly because their very average videos seemed to attract very high praise from any commentators.

Well it seems they take time to carefully edit out any comments that are critical and any awkward questions go unanswered.

each to their own I suppose but they are very determined not to be distracted from their own blinkered view of them selfs