Multiplex Cockpit Sx 9

Former Member

They said it would be coming shortly for the Cockpit Sx https://www.multiplex-rc.de/aktuelles/news/detail/safe-link.html (use google chrome to translate).

I was just reading Tony Nijhuis's Harrier project update in this months RCME where he has 2 receivers which switch with a micro switch for switching from hover on the flight controller and forward flight, this is something you could do on the Profi with the safelink switching facility.

Posted by Ikura on 20/05/2017 08:07:54:

One of the guys I fly with is really impressed with the Cockpit SX9 and has decided to sell his Spektrum DX9 and buy the SX9.

I have the latest version Cockpit SX (the C3)and having seen, heard, and tried mine a clubmate has just sold his Spektrum gear and bought a Cockpit SX. I sold my previous Cockpit SX (a C2) to another clubmate who has also now sold his Spektrum gear.

Ikura, a mate took a photo of me holding my Cockpit SX the other day as he said it looked as if I was holding it upside down. I think it's the lack of aerial that makes it appear a bit strange at first but you soon get used to it.

I have loads of the cheap RX-5 receivers and they have all performed perfectly. I also have some RX-5's with telemetry and one RX-7 dual rx. Yesterday I was flying a 2 metre electric glider (fitted with an RX-5 single rx with telemetry) and hit some really strong lift. When the speech announced I had passed the 500m altitude mark I bottled out and spun down! I took this photo showing the maximum readings after I had landed. 520m is 1706 feet!

2017-05-19 15.52.06.jpg

Posted by Ikura on 20/05/2017 13:37:28:

Hi Andy,

That looks excellent. I'll go take a look at one.

Is it easy to configure?

Very easy, even though it's all in German!, but English instructions here. If all you want is a Vario you can make one for around £12 with an Arduino board and bariometric sensor, I've made a few now.

Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 20/05/2017 14:00:31:
Posted by Ikura on 20/05/2017 13:37:28:

Hi Andy,

That looks excellent. I'll go take a look at one.

Is it easy to configure?

Very easy, even though it's all in German!, but English instructions here. If all you want is a Vario you can make one for around £12 with an Arduino board and bariometric sensor, I've made a few now.

yes I'm not clever enough to make one but I agree, it's fairly easy to set up the Unisens-E using the English instructions.

Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 20/05/2017 14:00:31:
If all you want is a Vario you can make one for around £12 with an Arduino board and bariometric sensor, I've made a few now.

Thanks for the English Instructions for the Unilog. Perhaps Frank, if you have the time, you might post a thread on how you made a vario from an Arduino board and a barometric sensor. It would be interesting for many I'm sure but probably beyond my meager skills.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a cockpit sx9 which I have just bought and installed firmware version 1.4. I have a problem which I am hoping someone can help me with please. I have just managed to set up my 4 servo wing glider following the latest instructions. I am left with an issue which I can't resolve, I use butterfly i.e. ailerons up full flap on the throttle stick. Unfortunately the left roller on the rear of the tx still controls the flaps and I can't figure out how to disable it. I need to disable it as I will fiddle with it in flight !! Returning to the hobby after a lot of years away , help appreciated.

Good wishes.