Wot 4 foam-e queries

Glyn44

Im just assembling a new Wot4 foam-e and I would like advice re a couple of things please.

1: The self adhesive decals on the wing and tail and rudder are fitted across their respective hinges. They therefore have to be cut along the line of the hinge to enable correct movement of the control surfaces. I have tried to cut them down the length of the hinge but then I find that the two edges I have created will not adhere down into the hinge. Am doing it correctly or is there a better way.

2: Can anyone identify this item supplied. It does not feature in the manual. It came ready cut out, as seen below. It is made from the same material as the decals are printed on. I can't see where it should go, or what its purpose in life could be.

image.jpeg

Cheers, Glyn.

For the decals you can put a layer of UHU Por on the beveled surfaces, allow it to dry & the the decal will stick much better. It will however tend to come unstuck eventually whatever you do, so I usually cut flush at the end of the level surfaces & accept the gap in the decal coverage.

Also beware! The instructions give the wrong CofG location! Mine clearly stated that the CofG should be 70mm back from the LE. This required a significant amount of lead in the nose, and resulted in a model that continually tried to dive into the ground! Whilst fumbling for the elevator trim, I managed to turn the Tx off (D'oh!), resulting in severe damage to the fuselage.

When I ordered a replacement fuz, the website contained a large warning about the CofG, stating that it should be 80mm back, not 70! (http://www.4-max.co.uk/aircraft-wo4foam-e.htm)

The replacement balanced spot on 80mm without any need for ballast and flies like a charm.

And yes, when you cut the decals along the hinge line, they don't stay stuck down! They don't stick too well around the LE curves, either!

--

Pete

• 1 year later...
Thanks for previous comment re c of g. Just assembling my e.foam, and balance is 80mm, so no weights for me.
I cant seem to sort the throttle out though. It only operates between mid and max. Is there a way to set up the esc, as i cant find a aay to do it with my futaba t6j tx.

To prog esc, take prop off (!!!!), switch TX on, set throttle to max, switch Rx on. ESC will beep, set throttle to min, ESC will give number of beeps for number of battery cells (usually). Switch everything off then back on again and check throttle response. If everything ok switch off and put prop back on.