Malyan M180 3D Printer Thread

Ian Jones

• 3 months later...
Posted by Peter Birdman on 16/11/2017 06:32:32:

Hi guys,

i also have the malyan M180 + Sd3. Just had to install a new mainboard. Has somebody succeeded in changing the steps /mm on the M180 side or do you all adjust this in Sd3?

Thx

Peter

Can't say that I've needed to look into steps/mm though as Tom says this is in the gpx file which you can edit if need be.

Ian

• 2 years later...

The second extruder that I am not even using and has it's temperature set to 0 in the slicer (Makerbot and Simplify 3D), heats up to the same temperature as as the extruder in use. It also tries to feed filament in exactly the same way as the extruder that is in use, when it should not be feeding any filament at all.

I don't honsestly know if this has happened from new or not but I don't seem to be able to stop it!

• 2 weeks later...

Calibrating the dual nozzles for x & Y axis

Anyone been having trouble calibration the dual nozzles, well I have. Reliable sources on the internet are hard to find, especially specific to this printer and the instructions that came with the printer don't help much either. However today, I beleive I have cracked it and so I offer my solution to those equally lost.

1. switch on the printer and go to the settings menu
  2. go to item 10 in the setting menu "Offeset and Calibration"
  3. Ignore the home offests for X and Y
  4. Observe the Dual Extruder Offsets, both X & Y will be on 7, this is the default setting and will always be the case when you visit this setting.
  5. Select to print the "Print Calibration sample"
  6. When it is finished look at the printout from the front of the machine. The horizontal lines are the Y axis and the vertical lines are the X axis. If points 7 on both axis are correctly lined up, then there's nothing to be done.
  7. Which horizontal lines lines are most closely aligned with each other? If for example it's 8 then enter 8 into the Y axis offset.
  8. Repeat the procedure for 7 above with the x axis.
  9. exit settings
  10. Switch the machine off for a few moments.
  11. switch the machine back on and print the calibration sample again, if points 7 on both axis are correctly lined up, then it's job done.
  12. The Y axis on mine was so far out that I had to repeat this process 3 times, so if that's necessary then don't be alarmed.