Invergordon model flying Club

scott finnie

Hi everyone,

I've decided i'm fed up flying alone. Earlier this year i sold a few large scale aircraft and began to fly 450 size heli's and have a Jet Ranger build on the table! I'm now living in a sleepy little village called Evanton. I've heard there is a local flying club though can neither find it online nor in person. Is there anyone on here that is a member or can put me in touch with someone

Kind Regards
Scott

Scott - I have seen photos posted in the past from a flying site somewhere up in the hills near Dingwall. I have half an image in my mind that the Cromarty Firth is visible in the background of one of the photos. A quick 'google' suggests it might be the Ross-Shire Model Flying Club, but the word "relaunch" also crops up, so they might not be active now.

Have a look here.

I'm slightly confused as some posts on that site mention flying at Knockbain, which I believe is on the Black Isle. But the photo at the top of that page is clearly (I think!) the Cromarty Firth with Dingwall in the middle-distance. Possibly the photo was taken from a full-size aircraft, from about here. It looks like a 'farm-strip' runway (for small full-size?) at that location.

Looking into that now John. There's many "Sketchy" google topics on various. Going to get up early tomorrow and take a wonder round. Thanks for the info! Hopefully i find a club soon and one that has other helicopter pilots! The last club near Edinburgh had a heli zone though do any allow circuit flying with aircraft?

Try this link http://www.ross-shiremfc.co.uk/

Many years ago I attempted to get info from a club up in your area about where their site was but they were very secretive as I think is was on a private strip. Possibly resulted in their demise.

Possibly above not the same club and it's a super location to fly in, although it will be getting cold