Greenacres 2017

cymaz

Nice pics Tim, I have about 1200 now to filter down, I think well put the Ukele concert world tour on hold till next year, Chris can keep his ear plugs safe till then. Joking aside I was genuinely impressed and cheers for letting me embarrass myself albeit in relative privacy,

see you guys soon

Linds

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

All my weather sites say that it will be a westerly wind this weekend. How will the Greenacres team set out the strip? As per usual or move it about a bit?

Many thanks

A Stampe will be taking to the air this weekend......hopefully 

Edited By cymaz on 27/06/2017 19:23:31

I was also wondering about this. Tried my Stampe there a couple of times in those wind conditions and it was very nearly `ouch` each time. I believe that their normal flying patch is in front of the trees to the right hand side. I suppose that their hands are tied because the council oversees it and no doubt dictates the flying area.

I would like to fly my Lanc. but this is very dependent on the wind direction.

Anyway, unless the forecast deteriorates I shall be there.

Just wanted to reassure any visiting pilots, that the Greenacres Fly In this weekend is definately on.

Our unwanted guest have vacated the field, Walsall Council will be clearing up tomorrow morning and the GMAC team will be setting up for the event.

We would ask any caravan or camping visitors not to arrive onsite until 14:00 to give us time to prepare the field.

If all goes well, we should have a gerat weekend of relaxed flying at our fantastic field.

Even the weather looks like it will behave itself!

Hope to see you there!

Jim Mchugh - Chairman of Greenacres Model Aero Club

Edited By Jim Mchugh on 29/06/2017 17:30:27

Hi Jim,

I am a regular visitor to this event. The forecasts I have looked at predict rain for Friday pm/evening. What do you reckon?

Also, the wind direction does not seem to be favourable for the normal site layout. Do you think it will suitable for delicate scale models? Would still really like to go but this may influence the types of models I bring.

@Martin McIntosh

We sadly have very little flexibility on the runway direction due to the shape and mowing of the park.

I'm currently seeing a little rain shower on Friday evening, but dry on Saturday and Sunday.

Wind speed does not look to bad, but may be a little cross... Truth is we'll not know for sure until the day...

Hope to see you at GMAC!