Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.

Posted by Nigel Dell on 09/03/2017 19:01:41:

Will you two quit with the big spinner talk! You sound like a pair of pervs!🤣😇😎😈👍🏻

I must admit I was torn between the two and found a nice F with big spinners.

Looking at the kit are the front cowls the different part of the nacell or is it the rears as well?

Come on now Nigel whats wrong with a pair like these?

20170311_125030.jpg

When the rudder and fin are matched you will have to file a slot in the rudder to allow for the horn to seat correctly this will be nearly all the way through leave about 0.5mm.

20170311_180143.jpg

I still have to allow for the quicklink so a little more will need to be removed for that.

Overall some progress while waiting for the ply on the engine mounts to dry More sanding. But this shows the progress today.

20170311_180201.jpg

Edited By Paul Johnson 4 on 11/03/2017 19:09:24

Youre right Paul , I ve sent out quite few 110 s now . Only heard from Nigel .

Mind you, the Marx brothers had one that didnt speak ,

Harpo ? Perhaps , unlike his brothers , he was a legacy of the silent movie .

Anyone read the review of a captured 110 by the legendary Captain Eric "Winkle" Brown ?

He also has an interesting story about encountering one at the very beginning of his career doing a domestic cross country run , He described it as sleek , menacing and predatory as I recall .

Is that an added bonus with the 110 ? A free bag of pegs with every kit.  I guess that's fair a 110 for me and a bag of pegs for SHMBO.(only after finishing the build.smiley

Do we also get a choice of colours?

Edited By Graham Russell on 12/03/2017 11:00:26

Edited By Graham Russell on 12/03/2017 11:01:57

Posted by Paul Johnson 4 on 11/03/2017 12:59:14:
Posted by Nigel Dell on 09/03/2017 19:01:41:

Will you two quit with the big spinner talk! You sound like a pair of pervs!🤣😇😎😈👍🏻

I must admit I was torn between the two and found a nice F with big spinners.

Looking at the kit are the front cowls the different part of the nacell or is it the rears as well?

Come on now Nigel whats wrong with a pair like these?

20170311_125030.jpg

Put like that Paul they are a nice pair aren't they! 😜😎😳

'Well I had hoped to make a start this weekend as the better half is away and I can slob it around the gaff, my hip/leg had other ideas though, can barely walk or stand so am a little miffed to say the least.

I will try to get something done today however, the wing panels as I checked last week are very nicely made with a channel cut it the centre of the core to the aileron servo position of about 15 mm diameter, plenty big enough for plugs and cables, I plan on fitting the flaps and bomb/drop tank hard points (just outer of the nacelles) there is a possibility of lights which I may or may not fit, you can go too far at this size but I will probably accommodate it at the build stage then I can if I wish. Best to plan these things now rather than when it is too late.

The belly bomb rack is also being moulded this along with the wing mounted will have 3gram servos built in so will be plug in items and removable at anytime.

I did a quick experiment moulding an aerial last week at the size required using my intended resin to see how durable it was and how heavy, it is as flexible as I wished not too much but enough to take the usual knocks associated with transporting these things, it will take paint, enamel in this case, by dunking it into acetone just out of the mould helps by turning it Matt and giving a good key for paint, an old trick but useful to know and I needed my jewellers scales to weigh it at 1.2 gms painted, that was the round aerial found at the rear under fuselage so these should not add much in the way of weight.

Once I start making these I will document them as I go through the process if anyone is interested.

Meanwhile I am going to attempt to do something now in an attempt to keep Paul company, he seems a nice chap despite what Richard says! laughdevil

Only joking!

Edited By Nigel Dell on 12/03/2017 11:29:30

Edited By Nigel Dell on 12/03/2017 11:30:30