Shawbury Tactical Fighter Wing

Jetsome

Who's giggling or laughing? It's all very serious stuff    Can't remember what this deviating thread ( like the others ) was all about ! Oh Yes Shawbury ! .Back to a boring thread again  Sorry .Just trying to cheer up Timbo who's run out of sticky buns & moderation     Don't think I'll be going to Whales  I'll stick to being moby -(get it ? )

Just moved all my modelling stuff into 'er indoors' kitchen/dining room . But the good news is that she went to Maplins in town & is bringing me back one of those charger/starter 17 amp hr thingies .Will play with it when she gets back  (another charger to my fast growing collection )

Definately off thread this time -I don't  'alf  get confused

whaaaattt!!! don't you guys have anything else to do????!!!!   I have just got back from day's flying at the airfield (aerobatics mainly, but flew the EDF Mig too). Admittedly we did get blown off our feet, then soaked.  Can't wait to hear good news from Shaun re F16, but weather here looks iffy for a few days (what's it like in Shropshire?)

One question, though: How many watts are you expecting to use for the F16?  Hope that's on-topic (and apologies for any previous off-topic notes)?? 

Ok, I have put the Wattmeter across the rig and with a fresh 2200mah 3S lipo pack it recorded:

225w / 21a / 10.71v (it was the "Mystery" pack which I know is not the most powerful pack).

So not far off what I estimated, and bearing in mind the model weighs just about 600g, so nearly 200w / lb!

SCRAMBLE! SCRAMBLE! SCRAMBLE! SHAWBURY TACTICAL FIGHTER WING SCRAMBLE!

Tonight saw the first scramble of the wing. 5 F16s launched (including mine).

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/winchweight/Scramble002.jpg

Winch was off first, closely followed by Maverick & Stig. Sadly Flash had an aborted takeoff and subsequently crashed due to a "fuel emergency". Flapper (Kyosho F16) brought up the rear and was decidedly unhappy with his choice of charcoal grey colour scheme!

Video of my launch and maiden circuits in a moment.

Launch

It flies very well, is responsive and can be very fast. It tends to be quite barrelly on the rolls, but apparently moving the battery aft will help a lot. It equally floats down and the landings are a breeze.

Circuits

Sadly my cameraman got bored and forgot the landing, so that's it for mo', but I have to say the grin factor is well and truely present for this one!