Shawbury Tactical Fighter Wing

Chris - Hi, the Shawbury Tactical Fighter Wing is based out of RAF Shawbury in Shropshire.

There is a similar Aggressor Sqn based out of Redruth too now (with our consent)!

Phil - It's very stable, might drop the nose a touch in a steep turn, but otherwise it's a joy in low or high speed. Will try for better pics on a brighter day.

Very big smiles here though!

The finished Article

Shaun,

Very pleased for you mate you must be made up with how they turned out unfortunately i c ant watch the footage on my prehistoric pc but sure its good smiles all round. lol

Just been looking at these beauties on the link you gave see what you mean they really are good value for what you get wish there were more manufacturers/retailers that would follow suit.

Regards Alex

Jet & Myron - Thanks for the support. It was all done with the Photobucket online software. I cpould have used Movie Maker or Pinnacle, but I couldn't be bothered. Even the music is the supplied stuff.

I'll catch up on the editing thread later.

Richard - retracts????? You like to cause trouble don't you?

• 2 weeks later...

Well... it's been a tough week. After the loss of Flash (ejected) on the scramble, we have since had two futher jets lost.

Sadly Stig was shot down by an unidentified source over hostile soil whilst conducting a Combat Air Patrol over Wem. The aircraft was seen going down in the vicinity of the local school, but an initial CSAR sweep only located the bent lipo. A few days later the wreckage was handed over on a cross border swap of prisioners, but the pilot is still unaccounted for. Therefore Stig is posted "MIA".

Saturday night at approx 2000hrs, whilst on an air interdication misson, Winchweight was brought down by a mid air collison as he evaded scrambling local air defence aircraft. He avoided the first bandit but was hit by the second, sustaining catastrophic damage to the fuselage and starboard wing. He bravely flew the aircraft to the ground, ejecting at the very last second, ensuring it avoided the local populous. Winchweight is now posted "Wounded". The local media (Timbo) will doubtless posted pictures at a later juncture.

On a lighter note, Flash has his new ride almost ready for action and will hopefully be ready to fly on sunday. For the time being, Winchweight will be flying an Alfa Skyhawk. If Stig is located and rehabilitated in time, he will be temporarily driving a Carson Eurofighter Typhoon. This in addition to the last of the originals Maverick and Flapper, who both flew during saturdays interdiction sorties surviving unscathed but with no kills accredited, will allow the STFW to resume their duties.

In addition, first contact was also made with the commander of the Redruth Tactical Fighter Wing (Dizz).

Shaun ,

Look on the bright side , poor old / young  Stig he could of been shot down over Whixall or Brown Moss then there would be     NO HOPE .

Held and tortured in the Wagoners and then forced to drink  some of Dusty's Beer.

He's alot better off lurking around Wem , well just better off just hope he keeps clear of Telford

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Shaun Chant wrote (see)

Well... it's been a tough week. After the loss of Flash (ejected) on the scramble, we have since had two futher jets lost.

Sadly Stig was shot down by an unidentified source over hostile soil whilst conducting a Combat Air Patrol over Wem. The aircraft was seen going down in the vicinity of the local school, but an initial CSAR sweep only located the bent lipo. A few days later the wreckage was handed over on a cross border swap of prisioners, but the pilot is still unaccounted for. Therefore Stig is posted "MIA".

Saturday night at approx 2000hrs, whilst on an air interdication misson, Winchweight was brought down by a mid air collison as he evaded scrambling local air defence aircraft. He avoided the first bandit but was hit by the second, sustaining catastrophic damage to the fuselage and starboard wing. He bravely flew the aircraft to the ground, ejecting at the very last second, ensuring it avoided the local populous. Winchweight is now posted "Wounded". The local media (Timbo) will doubtless posted pictures at a later juncture.

On a lighter note, Flash has his new ride almost ready for action and will hopefully be ready to fly on sunday. For the time being, Winchweight will be flying an Alfa Skyhawk. If Stig is located and rehabilitated in time, he will be temporarily driving a Carson Eurofighter Typhoon. This in addition to the last of the originals Maverick and Flapper, who both flew during saturdays interdiction sorties surviving unscathed but with no kills accredited, will allow the STFW to resume their duties.

In addition, first contact was also made with the commander of the Redruth Tactical Fighter Wing (Dizz).

Winchweight's downed F16

/sites/3/images/member_albums/25339/shaun-f16.jpg

Ah well. the pilot has been recovered and his new ride will be taking shape soon.

The Alfa A4 is taking shape, just waiting on a drill bit to open out the fan adaptor, so it can assume temporary duty station on the Wing.

My son's F16 (Flash) is looking grand as well, and has wing tip missiles (which look suspiciously like they came off a certain Sea Fury...). He has applied some Aggressor Sqn markings since this was taken.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/winchweight/Ebay002.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/winchweight/Ebay003.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/winchweight/Ebay001.jpg

We also have an additional member lurking in the shadows, he who might be known as "The Mexican"...

....sad to see the demise of any aircraft! Was this the one "shot down by an unidentified source" ?  Clearly, no model design, material or construction method would have survived this!

Just for the record: did your air accident investigation board come up with a probable cause:  mechanical failure? radio interference? pilot error? It sometime helps to know.