Who Else Wants a 63" Lavochkin La7 kit?

jrman

Got one, brand new unopened kit. When this whole group of threads started up and Richard explained the difficulties, I thought, I'd better get something quick. I went onto his website and the La 7 was available, nothing else was, so I bought it. I now have the Bf 110 too. And a Traplet Bouton Paul Defiant semi kit that somehow snuck in, I reckon I've got enough to build for a while!

Well done Richard, have been flying my La7 for two weeks now with total success. Took it down to my club, put it on the grass and got a chorus of "don't like those pointy wings, bet it tipstalls like mad,etc etc"., so being a coward I let our Chairman do the test flight, as he is by way of being our best flyer and does most test flights.

After a very extended first flight I managed to get it off him with the comment "I would never have expected that from such a powerful looking warbird, it flies just like a low wing sports plane".

Pass the message around and see if we can generate enough interest to get Richard to do a batch of the larger version.

Well said Peter. I thought people would jump at the chance of getting one of the larger ones but it seems not. A mate in one of the clubs that I fly at says he wants one as well so the list is at 7 now. if you want a larger one that makes 8.Nearly there.

Hi Jon. At some stage I will certainly have to go for another 80 as I do like that size . I might also be tempted to try and squash another 100 into it if possible?so no ballast needed 😉. Ido like Laser 80s though as they are nice and revvy and seem a great all round sports engine and makes my Wots Wot unlimited, as well as performing and sounding the part in my Spitfire. I don't think it's likely to be till much later this year though as I need to start my Seagul P47 first. This LA7 will be a nice winter project 😊. Happy Flying all!   Tim

Edited By Timothy Harris 1 on 11/05/2017 12:49:17