Who Else Wants a 63" Lavochkin La7 kit?

jrman

Graham ,

I think you would be better off with the smaller La7 as it works so well in electric form . Might have to deal with that separately at a later date.

Anyone out there that wants a big La7 better put their hand up . The last batch was in 2011 !

Not likely to get a second go on that basis . Dont want any "grizzlers"crying on the phone after the boat (aircraft carrier) has sailed.

Well done lads. Here are the names of the enlightened ones:

jrmam (2kits); Bob Cotsford; Peter Harvey (2kits); Joakim Karlsson 1; Dwain Dibley; Glenn Philbride; Timothy Harris; Graham Russell.

Over to you now Richard and many thanks to all those above .

Posted by RICHARD WILLS on 11/05/2017 17:27:32:

Graham ,

I think you would be better off with the smaller La7 as it works so well in electric form . Might have to deal with that separately at a later date.

Anyone out there that wants a big La7 better put their hand up . The last batch was in 2011 !

Not likely to get a second go on that basis . Dont want any "grizzlers"crying on the phone after the boat (aircraft carrier) has sailed.

Hi Richard, I do have a spare Hacker A60(2600w) is a Hyperion zs4035 (1500w) or failing that an old laser75 cir 1990

Good news for the "enlightened ones", Richard tells me that he is having a baker's dozen 63" La7 kits cut in about 8weeks time. So plenty of time to sort out what engines (or heaven forbid, electric motors devil) you are going to use. At the moment there are 10 pairs of hands waiting to grab the goodies so 3 more awaiting owners.

Edited By jrman on 18/05/2017 17:02:59

Posted by Glenn Philbrick on 18/05/2017 18:30:53:

Great stuff cannot wait, although I may put off the build until winter to keep me out of the house. Perhaps we should arrange to have a fly in at somewhere we can all get to easily.

Glenn

Greenacres? Pick any of their three annual fun-fly days. I suspect that I'll either start building straight away or it will be a winter build - along with half a dozen others in the queue so who knows which winterface 1?

Good to hear! Mine is going to have a Laser 80 in it . Maybe I will have to order my third 80 soon! Well it is a nice engine and having a few of the same makes it easy in case of mishap 😳. With the picture earlier in the thread I think I will be brush painting it Hamerite white...as that looks easiest. Anyway it's going to be a winter build for me too I think 😊

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted by Bucksboy on 25/06/2017 20:04:03:

Andy,

That looks really good, I've got one in the loft waiting to be built. What power system does it have? Is it brown paper covered? I hope mine comes out looking like that.

Hi

Brown paper & rattle cans . power system is the one Richard recommends , more than enough power which I was quite impressed by

Andy