Set up?

tony quayle

Hi and Welcome Tony,

I take it you mean it;s been tested this coming wednesday? Dont worry i was asking this exact question not so long ago myself. I take it that they are connected to the pushrods and servos centered?

Quite simple with the Ailerons or rudder centralised hold a ruler next to the serface as you move it with your TX and see how far it moves in one way and then the other. In your instructions it will give you the required deflections (movements) eg 10mm on aileron so you want the TIP of the aileron to me at 10mm on the ruler and same in opposite direction, Repeat this for the opposite side and then the rudder depending on your type of TX if you have a computer model its a piece of cake you can use the surface throw or AVT as its sometimes known to alter the amount of movement in each direction see the manual as how to do this.

Or manually by moving the clevis on the control horns up or down you will either increase or decrease the amount of movement you get. I hope this helps. Also you can look up a thread of mine called   surface throws in this beginners section where theres a nice graphic of this.

I understand you dont want to look stupid but i can almost guarentee that the exprienced flyer whos testing for you will not be criticle of these things and will make sure everything is ok first and will show you first hand how to do these things. You dont know till you know!

Hi and welcome to the forum Tony....

Please remember to fill in a little about yourself on the profile page - that way you will be sure to get more response to your questions! Don’t miss the several threads dedicated to Newbies such as yourself, in the beginners section, together with the few guidelines we have listed to help you with using the forum.

Perhaps this in particular may help

And this.

Once again, welcome on board and have fun! Timbo.