VIve la France

Ernie

• 2 weeks later...
I think that might come out almost as, paint that proves fuel, Lee    Maybe, peinture a preuve du carburant, if you want to go that way.  Peinture pour un avion thermique, would get the idea across as well, too.  But are not most of these modeling paints fuelproof anyway?  Me I fly electric 

Funny how these little things can be hard to nail down.  I rather think my "a preuve du" should be "a l'épreuve du", bit sloppy there; should have asked my wife, she is close to bi-lingual in French/English. 

Hi, Myron, if you mean the domestic electricity is cheaper here than in the UK, I think it might well be - but it keeps going up, just the same, as does the domestic gas.  If the Russians decide to get more stroppy than they already are then it will go up even more - or just get turned off.  Back to charcole burning soon.

Hi Ernie,

Using 35Mhz Ch 60 after it was reported in RCM&E that this was OK - not sure the agreement was actually signed but I have no problems - I am in the middle of nowhere though.

Not been to the Bordeaux shop - also I hear a that there's a good shop in Perigueux but not managed / needed to go to ether as yet. I normally pick up bits as I need them from my local UK shop..

Paul

Hi Paul,

I'm still a wee bit nervous of 35Mhz, since I had a problem with it, and wrote off a fun fly (in a big way) But as always, one can never be sure after such an 'event' ......I understand, it's legal, but as with many things in France, laws tend to be ignored, and I think it's still in use by government officials (railways & leisure)

I moved onto 2.4, with great results

Bon appetit                                 ernie

• 3 weeks later...

Another French resident here. I'm based near Ales in the Gard department. We have a local model shop and the owner is British although he has lived in France for 30 years now.

I use 35mhz, 41 mhz and 72 mhz modules in my JR radio with no problems. Acording to the FFAM website 35.000 (ch60) and 35.010 (ch61) are now all agreed and legal for use in France and the previous users have relinquished use of said frequencies. See http://www.ffam.asso.fr/ct_frequences.htm#Décisions%20ARCEP

David

Bonjour David, 

Yet another fabulous morning here in Charante Maritime..Thanks for that, so I can get my old 35mhz gear out....I'm still a wee bit cautious, knowing the French disregard for the rules. Maybe I'll go down to the salt marshes for a first try..I am very interested in your UK owned French shop..I do tend to use UK shops, mainly because I can explain exactly what I want   (my french vocabulary strugges with a lot of technical stuff)  Could you give me a contact number..................................................Anyway, keep in touch

ernie 

Bonjour Ernie,

Sun is shining here too. Our flying field is in the middle of vinyards so there is not much about to cause interference, but I've had no problems on 35mhz, or 41, or 72.

My local model shop is Ales Modelisme and the owner's name is Paul. Being English he will understand exactly what you want without resorting to French. The telephone number is 04 66 52 20 22.

David