Which model flight simulators work on windows 10.

Erfolg

• 2 weeks later...

Andrew

Thank you again for the Futaba lead. The one I have, or have not, has not appeared as I predicted, goodness knows where it went.

Anyway, at long last Phoenix is running on my PC. I am somewhat surprised at there appearing to be just a number of IC larger models available. Is this correct? Clicking on Gliders or Electrics nothing seems to happen.

Perhaps the biggest surprise is that the models as set up appear to be benign in flight characteristics. Knife edge is easy, landings are a doddle, however slowly flown, non seem to wipe the UC off. Does it need adjusting, and to what to obtain a more realistic performance.

Posted by Erfolg on 21/12/2017 12:14:08:

Anyway, at long last Phoenix is running on my PC. I am somewhat surprised at there appearing to be just a number of IC larger models available. Is this correct?

NO, its not correct, Please choose each of the model classes, which are not picked by clicking on the name, but by the small triangle before each class name.

Posted by Erfolg on 21/12/2017 12:14:08:Does it need adjusting.

Yes, and there are so many adjustments possible that with no knowledge of where you are now its largely pointless to advise, so get all the models working first, then take a note of what you have on a favourite, so you could return, and experiment. Set some wind, set the vulnerability if that's your bag, and try till it does what YOU want.

Ah! Yes, now that I have the electric models up and running the look and feel is much closer to an actual model, particularly the twin jet. Still not quite as stall prone, although much nearer.

Thanks, for the input.

I would have liked a Gee Bee, although you never can have everything.

Posted by Erfolg on 21/12/2017 15:30:54:

Ah! Yes, now that I have the electric models up and running the look and feel is much closer to an actual model, particularly the twin jet. Still not quite as stall prone, although much nearer.

Thanks, for the input.

I would have liked a Gee Bee, although you never can have everything.

You still need to look around more, as there IS a Gee Bee as standard install, if you have "Class" set for the model list order its under "Scale" listed as "Gee Bee Z".

The std is Yellow but I have produced Deep Orange, Lime Green, and Purple so flying buddies and I can "race" a colour each.

Good.

Brief history lesson, bear with me! The original team that produced Px up to v3.5 were great. Once HH got their hands on the prog and another programming house were mucking around with v5 making lots of basic mistakes, not so much.

One point that their people do not seem to "get", is that the numbers now don't properly relate to the effect, particularly true of weather. Weather in the wind sense for slope soaring is still largely broken. It was OK in v3, not now! You can get around it, but don't expect the figures to relate to real world.

On Flying field, you can have the situation with std weather and models that they are blown around on ground with a setting of 10mph - patently ridiculous! However, ignore the "mph", treat it as a sliding scale number, and you'll find a decent enough reaction easy to get.

With regard comments on being too easy, another poor effect is weight. If you treat the settings as "just a number" then they have the right range effect, just not necc at the stated "right" number. I have many aircraft tuned to well above the "apparent" weight and they then handle correctly to expectation (or reality in the case of models I have).

Also bear in mind you can easily make an electric model ic and the reverse, set which noise you want, set idle on zero throttle, etc, etc.

Some models were left std too susceptible to things like ground effect, etc.

Yes, I have seen that there are deficiencies, the most obvious is both the Dr1 and Camel float on without power, when landing particularly. As we know biplanes tend to slow down due to drag, needing power, or a steep approach, just to maintain flying speed.

As for the rest as yet I have no idea.

• 9 months later...

Hi,

Resurrecting this thread!

I’ve just changed computers and guess what, I can’t find my Phoenix disc!!!

What is the current thinking on flight sims?

Is there a preferred version? Is there one that enables an experienced flyer to develop, not just a “circuit and bumps” version” that works on Win 10?

S

Kevin, If they still exist.

As no-one sells the software now.

It doesn’t’t use a dongle as such. Not sure how to convince Phoenix I’m just “relocating” the software!

Any suggestions welcome. The previous computer died and took the software with it.

S

Edited By Stuart Z on 14/10/2018 19:38:07

Posted by Percy Verance on 14/10/2018 19:50:57:

The Multiplex Flight Sim is fine on Windows 10. Understandably it comes with all the Mpx foam models on it. It's free to download, but you need to buy the USB dongle to bind your (Mpx) tx to it. I don't know if it can be used with other makes of radio.

It works using the buttons on your laptop and I've used it using a game controller, so if your Tx will work as a controller via the USB port (My MPX Profi does) it should work fine. Note you only get one flying field and a limited selection of models with the free version.

Thanks Frank.

I’ll have a fiddle around tomorrow. I’m looking to buy a new PC in the next few days so a search around now would be good. If I have to buy a new sim, well at least the winter is coming so I’ll get some use out of it! Rather not if I can as I can buy a new TX / 3 RX for similar money! Wish they’d packed it in something larger than a DVD box!!!

S

Posted by Stuart Z on 14/10/2018 19:37:06:

Kevin, If they still exist.

As no-one sells the software now.

It doesn’t’t use a dongle as such. Not sure how to convince Phoenix I’m just “relocating” the software!

Any suggestions welcome. The previous computer died and took the software with it.

S

Edited By Stuart Z on 14/10/2018 19:38:07

The Dongle is part of the cable you use to connect your PC to your transmitter Stuart

And yes, it will identify you as legit user, just plug in the tranny to the PC, and go online to Phoenix and download the upgrade to 5.5

• 1 year later...