Flightline 1600mm Spitfires????????

Rocker

It seems that the poor old UK and Europe markets are not important to Flightline.I have had an order for a Flightline Spitfire since 20 August 2017 and the shipment that was due in October was sent to the USA instead of the UK and Europe .Then they where promising a shipment of 1600mm spitfire would be arriving in early December,well my spies at the present time tell me there is no sign of any 1600mm spitfire arriving this side of Christmas and it will be into the New Year before there will be any chance of any 1600mm spitfire in the UK.So if Flightline can not be bothered with sales in the UK then maybe I will not bother with Flightline .There are other make out there that are interested in the UK market I will look them up

Waiting here too. On order from Sept with Reds RC. Their website seems to slip the date by about half a month every two weeks; it's currently still saying early Dec (and I vaguely remember getting a story about Customs delays). I really hope you're wrong about the New Year! In contrast Motion RC in the US must have had a glut, because I think they recently had a sale on. I really don't want to cancel, because I've already bought some dedicated Lipos and Callie graphics!

I have given up on receiving the Flightline 1600mm Spitfire from the UK (mind you I do feel for the UK suppliers ,it is not their fault and I expect they are taking all the flak ) I have cancelled my order from my model shop and I am going to order it direct from RC Castle Models .I thing you are going to wait a long time to receive a Flightline 1600mm Spitfire from a UK source !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Still no signs of my Spitfire.You must be a lucky man" Neil R".Still if yours has arrived then I suppose there is a chance I might get mine before Christmas but I will not be ordering anymore Freewing /Flightline models ,not prepared to wait 4 months to get one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If mine does not arrive before Christmas I will do what I should of done last month and order one from RC Models like I said I would but I was told the spitfires would here soon, Another month has passed and nothing .I think if Freewing/Flightline model want to have a UK market they will have to improve there supply issues because this is ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting debate this - I preordered from Reds RC in the Spring paid in August and finally took delivery last week! Along the way when the first shipment arrived in Liverpool a warehouse operative apparently sent the model assigned to me to another customer. Then about a month later they finally sent me a model that was damaged (fuselage creased) and it had to be returned...I was then criticised for the condition of the box as it was returned (I had started to disassemble the box for recycling)

Needless to say there were some 'choice' words exchanged with Reds RC whose customer empathy is almost non-existent. I won't be buying from them again and I suspect they couldn't give a hoot...bring back the LMS!

Edited By Jon Laughton on 02/12/2017 10:15:17

With the demise of the LMS, a colleague and myself sat down with pen and paper to get our slice of the Local Model shop Cake that now presents itself.

Staff? Wages? Hmm premises? Tax and insurance, Rent and Rates, VAT hmmmm ;' move on we thought

Stock? Which planes ? I/C and Electric deffo, accessories, batteries

£10,000. Each we thought? Does not come close, more like £100,000 of investment

What about Jets too? I think we have left it too long to be honest

Do not get me started on Red Models .All I am going to say is it was a good job I paid with Pay Pal ,had to get them involved To get my money back .Keep well clear of Red Model thumbs down.Give Sussex Models a ring much much better and they do not take your money until they dispatch the item And they care about there customer serviceyes

I recently spotted this intriguing comment from one of the Motion RC guys on another forum. (Even from Reds the Spitty arrived in a box covered in Motion RC logos - my understanding is that MRC and Flightline / Freewing are really quite joined up).

We care about Europe a lot. We ship anywhere in Europe now and you'll have many more options sometime in Feb or March of 2018.

Pete I saw it post #1275 in the place below (which I suspect I haven't linked properly - sorry!). It's in their 'Electric Warbirds' topic area.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2607961-What-will-the-next-Flightline-RC-model-be/page85

On the same thread post #1274 sets out how MRC work with Flightline.

When funds allow - and being very happy with what I've seen so far of the Spitty (quick damage check only) - I could be very tempted with the large A-10.

• 5 months later...

As discussed above, Motion RC is finally close to arriving in Europe - June I think - and based in the Netherlands.

I just went to their normal US page and it gave me the option of the Euro site (https://www.motionrc.eu/)

Twelve flights in and I'm still very happy with the Spitfire.

• 3 months later...

05.09.2018 4.jpg05.09.2018 3.jpg05.09.2018 1.jpgMaiden Spit y'day. Flew very nice very stable no issues. Decided to dump the recommended settings and go for tried and trusted approach , full movement on all surfaces with 60% expo dialed in.

Worked a treat , lovely smooth roll out and lift with no vices. climbed out lovely even with a cross wind. Flies on rails all the way, loops rolls cubans . C of G was as per manual 90mm , balanced perfect with my zippy 2s +4s 5000mah 20c lipos right up front. A good 7-8 minutes is easy on tap and that with 18mth old lipos, drop 1/4 flaps with 3mm up ele dialed in and no pitch change just slowed a little and feathered for a greaser.

Checked lipos and both at 52% so my newer fresher zippies should be better.

A lovely model , looks the part and flies lovely low and banking. superb !!!!05.09.2018.jpg

Hi,

Yes its a lovely model and credit to Flightline for producing a nice scale rendition of the Spit , we are very lucky to have a well maintained strip and club house as well.

Were hoping to have a warbird day on the 15/16th which i thought is BoB day but not sure , weather wise looks good for then .