Weekend 16 & 17th Aug

Well we did some photography this morning at Headcorn and the full size were very busy for a Friday. All hell was let loose as this Nord/ME-108 flew over with a dead engine (the prop was slip-streaming) seconds later it had to make a forced belly-landing in a field about a mile away after tucking the wheels back up. Lots of sirens after that!

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/15008/me108700x451.jpg

This rare SkyJeep landed - I asked how rare it was and someone said that I was looking at the only one left!

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/15008/IMG_0479700x457.jpg

I hope you have a good weekends weather wherever you are,

anyone going to the Eastbourne Airshow?

Good to hear John, hope things are still going well for you all down there.

I had a maiden flight this weekend, got the new E-flite Pitts S-12 up for a couple of flights for the camera. The wind came up and curtailled matters so we've more shooting to do but first impressions were that this is one lovely drop of aeroplane and I can't wait to take her up again soon. This one's really hooked me, I think it's a real looker

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/15008/IMG_0561750x500.jpg

Rain, wind, 2hrs sun, rain, rain, is there no end.............. not even a model to build as my shed is stuffed full of unflown models, spent yestereday trying to make room as it looks like there won't be much in the way of decent flying weather for a long while yet.............

Just back from the Loch Leven Splash-in run by the Balbedie mfc. Saturday was a bit windy from a poor direction, we still had the more adventurous flyers in the air though. Sunday while still windy had the wind from a slightle better direction and we had fun. The next bit deserves an article on its own, in fact we hope it does  get published in one of the model mags. So no preview for you lot

Kevin Routledge brought a big TUG on floats and a floating Glider to the event. WE HAD A FIRST EVER, WATER AEROTOW. This as far as we know is a UK first, likely European, and perhaps in the World. Kevin was the tug pilot with Colin MacLean on the sticks for the glider, Wow.

At last I have got round to taking pics at our club.  Life is so busy as a pensioner!!

I do not seem to be able to do this!  I have edited a couple of pics down to around 50kb but the browser window says that files must be less than 250kb!  I am confused

Anyway, last weekend there were three of us flying, but only two aircraft returned in one piece.  A Tucano missed the edge of the field and kit formed the fuselage.  All others returned safely although my old Ready suffered a bit on one take off.  I must remember that ailerons are not effective during take off!!