Dx8 and Lemon 7 channel receiver / stabiliser

Mike Phillips

I have the original DX8 and use the Lemon stab.

As you say gear is assigned stab on/off, so aux 1 iirc (large toggle on right hand face) is then used as gears instead.

There’s setup instructions on RC Groups

Edited By Wes on 19/02/2018 12:37:47

Edited By Wes on 19/02/2018 12:39:01

• 2 months later...

I've just got one of these lemon rx's and installed it, but switching the gear channel is having no effect-in fact, no channel is having any effect on switching on the gyro. It seems to be working fine as a receiver...but I can't enable the gyro...any ideas anyone?

There are a number of ways to set up the receiver during the bind process by bridging across certain terminals - it's all in the instructions. Maybe this is the problem??

Kim

Try looking at this thread https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2164243-The-official-Lemon-stabilizer-receiver-thread-NEW-USERS-read-first-8-posts-%29

Edited By Kim Taylor on 24/04/2018 18:41:24

Edited By Kim Taylor on 24/04/2018 18:43:59

Yes-the problem is the instructions make no sense to me-

Gear switch is used to switch between manual or stabilization control Green + red LED indication means no stabilization while solid green means stabilization is enabled. If Aux3 is available on your transmitter, remote master gain tuning for all 3 channels will become available. However, during setup AUX3 should be in its center position.
Step 5 - Adjust the 3 potentiometers to 50% and check the gain direction. Ensure your Gear is set to enable gyro with gain = 1 on AUX3 (if available).

What does that last sentence mean??

The last sentence is referring to the checking of the direction in which the receiver is correcting (which may, or may not correspond to what your transmitter is doing at this stage). This is the most critical aspect of setting up this type of receiver - you MUST ensure that the receiver is giving the correct outputs to the control surfaces and then set the transmitter up to suit.

It sounds as if you haven't got to this stage yet though, unless you've got the master gain set too low, which would stop the stabilisation working.

Kim

Edited By Kim Taylor on 24/04/2018 18:54:50

OK, do you know ACT to activate a switch, and INH when its inhibited?

The instructions require channel 5 Gear as you say, then

The Lemon Stabilizer PLUS requires a Spektrum® or other DSM2® or DSMX® transmitter using Spektrum
technology. Examples include DXe, DX4e, DX5e, DX6, DX6i, DX7s, DX8, DX9, and JR 9303.1
A three-position switch controlling channel 5 (Gear) is required if all three stabilization modes (OFF, Gyro,
Autolevel) are to be available in flight. The more recent DX4e and DX5e transmitters provide such a switch,
while more advanced transmitters can generally be programmed to output the necessary 100%/0%/-100%

It does not matter what make your TX is or the Stabiliser

I reviewed them all for a magazine using 5 TX and 4 aeroplanes, and the article was edited and published.

Stabilisers are all very similar and switch on and off on Aux channels, usually channel 6, but sometimes 5.

All the makes tested Worked as per spec and All makes of TX operated the Stabilisers correctly

The stabilised aeroplane is best 1st flown and trimmed with the Stabiliser OFF, and the pots adjusted for the very least movement, before switching on.

The heavier the model, the more notable was the assist in crosswind landing, and superb in crosswind takeoff.

The stabilisers were least obvious in lightweight models

Yorkman . I have set one up this morning .Top two switches should be moved on ! Move right to left. No plugs in gear ! This is set as a switch in the Rx. You should be able to see the light change to green for stabilization on when you move the gear switch .Normally this is on top left , not on the tx face. If the gain is set to max and you plug in a servo then wobbling the Rx when switched on should see the servo going crazy ! Hope this helps ! Colin