Balsa & Ply Alternative to Max Thrust Riot

Kim Taylor

As per title, due to complete loss of radio link my Riot has been destroyed.

I need a traditionally constructed ARTF replacement suitable for electric or glow power.

I have already built a WOT4 XL which is i/c powered but I want something a little more 'steady' and lighter which I could maybe first use electric, then change to glow to prepare for the step up to the (9lb) WOT

So far I have been looking at the Kyosho Calmato High wing trainer, Seagull Boomerang and the new Ripmax WOT trainer (which I have to say I am leaning towards).

Does anyone have any views on any or all of the above, or any alternatives which I have missed.

Thanks

Kim

Posted by Denis Watkins on 13/03/2018 06:59:13:

The Boomerang is very stable Kim, and does fly well

You can choose to build it as a taildragger or a trike undercarriage.

The model will allow you good flying time and give you confidence landing in a breeze, as it has just a little

More presence and inertia than foam

Hi Denis

That's just what I was thinking, I'll continue to cogitate - I can be to decision making what the grand old duke of york was to military strategy!!

Geoff - I don't need to use the bits from the Riot, I've got a couple of larger options.

Thanks

Kim

Posted by Dave Hopkin on 12/03/2018 23:54:53:

Segull E-Pioneer perhaps?

Sorry, didn't have time to reply earlier this morning.

I'm looking for something that can be changed from electric to i.c. if I want to, and have assumed that this one can't do that, but I'll certainly have a look. Thanksyes

Kim

Posted by FlyinBrian on 13/03/2018 20:08:31:

If you were happy flying the Riot I suggest a WOT4, you can set it up as leccy or I/C.

Yes of course it's the obvious choice, but I've already got an XL waiting to go, so didn't want to have too many WOT 4's.

Having said that, I am seriously considering it.dont know It's just that I'm finding the jump from foamy to the larger WOT too much (for me)

Thanks for the input, it really does help.

Kim