Yes I think reverse thrust would be a good idea . Imagine flying in low then at the right spot reverseing the thrust for a spot landing . Electric motors can run in both directions all we have to do is swap two wires over which could be done by a servo or relay, my esc already has a brake function . so all that is needed is for us to stop the motor hit reverse ,applie some power then hay presto . I'll have to do some tests first of corse.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi ,

As i still get asked about this model, i have decided that it would be a good idea update this build log with some additional information .

So that those that are interested in building this one will be able to follow on from where i left it .

I still have the model and still fly it on occasions it still flies great and i hand launch it by my self.

So here are some pictures ,

fanduct.jpg

So here you can see the outrunner motor is bolted onto the fire wall as a pusher.

fanductc.jpg

Only just viewable from the side.

The Nylon prop was cut down to suit and then balanced using a prop balancer.

fanmotora.jpg

Here you can see the prop is fitted in reverse. as the motor shaft is too small the prop simply fits over the motor boss that has the Allan screws to hold the motor shaft in place .And then i fitted a prop adapter to the end without the large screws that would of held the O ring and used grub screws instead then thin Cyno used to secure the prop in position..

Air is allowed in through two small inlets at the front.

fanintake.jpg

And the radio gear .

fanbattery.jpg

At present the receiver is in another model but you can see it fits the the side wall where the Velcro is .

I used two 9 gram servos for the ailerons and the snake runs through the wing .

fanaileron.jpg

Yes it is not as pretty now as it was when i first built it , just shows how well used it is .