BMFA Website down...?

Robert Cracknell

OK - several hours have passed without success. Systems I have tried so far:-

Win 10 & Firefox; Win 10 & Chrome; Android & Chrome; Android & Samsung internet - 1 laptop and 2 different Android devices.

Same result on all of them - I can get any other site, including BMFA Achievement Scheme and BMFA National Centre, but not BMFA main site. From mine and others results it's obviously not a device or browser issue, so it's beginning to look like an individual access/login issue.

I'll give them a call in the morning.

Dick

I had problems yesterday using Chrome on my iPad although I can access the site from all devices today. As I recall, the message was a configuration error by the website provider.

This might have some bearing on the matter:

New Membership Management System

We will be launching our new membership management system provided by Go Membership during the week beginning 24th September. From Sunday 23rd September you will be unable to register on the BMFA website, however existing website login details will remain active so you will still have access to the classifieds and any other website features that require you to login.

Maybe some work in preparation for the migration has broken something?

Edited By Martin Harris on 19/09/2018 23:33:22

Posted by Peter Miller on 20/09/2018 08:46:36:

I could not get into the website fomhttps/bmfa.org but when I googled BMFA and went in from ther search results I got in straight away

Yes, I tried that on both Win machines and Android devices (several of each) and still got the same results - no access.

Dick

ps - just phoned BMFA and passed a message to their "webmaster", including reference to this discussion.

Edited By Dickw on 20/09/2018 09:48:21

Posted by Ikura on 20/09/2018 10:10:13:

The BMFA website is working fine.

Here is the correct address: https://www.bmfa.org

Edited By Ikura on 20/09/2018 10:10:27

Yes, we know the BMFA website is working "fine" for probably most people, it's just that some of us don't seem to be able to get to it.

Just tried your quoted address on both Win and Android devices - same result - no access. (some of the devices are not even mine, so it's not something I have done)

Dick

"The BMFA website is working fine."

No, it isn't..!!

I have just tried the above address, same result. I am using W8.1 and have tried in both Chrome and IE and on my Galaxy S6 Android

In fact IE brought up a page which said BMFA.org has only just been registered.

Has anyone spoken to the BMFA....?

Edited By Robert Cracknell on 20/09/2018 10:30:22

Something happening at last.

Tried again a few minutes ago and got the main site OK, but this time couldn't get the Nation Centre site and Acheivement Scheme site which have been OK up until now.

Waited a few more minutes, and now I can get all three again.

Since there is some work going on this weekend I guess it must be linked to that and was only a temporary blip.

Dick