DB Major Mannock

Paul james 8

Hope I’m not hijacking the thread. Three of us have been hard at work building a Giant Mannock

Myself and the other builders have been busy. Work has continued on the wings and tail surfaces. The engine and it’s reduction gear has been built and tested.

HERE

• 2 weeks later...

Brian ( builder) has redrawn the front to accommodate the reduction drive. The cowl sides will be working doors to get to the engine, cooling and ducting will be designed.

Needing to spend some money for the Giant Mannock build now. I’ve opted for twin Rxs , batteries and switches. Each Rx will control one half of the plane. It may seem like overkill to some, but the effort Brian is going to I’m not going to skimp on my part. He also found a 1/3 scale Vickers and Foster mount he had kept in a draw or years....great! Still need to get wheels, rigging wire and fixings, cockpit panel, etc.

A work colleague said he would 3D print up a pilot bust.

Does the OP ( Paul )mind if I use this thread to log the build ?

Edited By cymaz on 28/04/2019 07:56:00

• 2 weeks later...

just a suggestion, change your batteries for the larger 'C' size. Unless you have been extremely creative, the all up weight will not be an issue so the extra weight is insignificant. On a model with a high servo count and long leads don't believe that AA size cells have enough spare capacity.

My Futaba servo tester using just a 1 amp load condemned all of my AA size Eneloop batteries. I thought that it was a duff tester to begin with but now believe that batteries of this type while having a high capacity do not have the ability to liberate power quickly enough under high demand.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Work continues on the engine bay. Brian is a legend in his building prowess. As well as the engine being bolted to the main firewall, two bearers come through from the rest of the front formers and sit on cross rails to take the strain off the engine bolts....

fb9744aa-b984-47e8-8a00-572fe9b9e760.jpeg

3be59085-5702-4d2e-b5a4-c8dff3367935.jpeg

850b51c3-5113-427a-83fb-e3d8e9b3107f.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...