Tony Nijhuis Harvard - Build Log

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I bought one of these models at Wings & Wheels last weekend. An impulse purchase! No engine and no plans.

I would really appreciate information on C of G position and suggested control throws from anyone who has built and/or flies one of these Harvards.

This thread shows wonderful build photos way above my standard. I hope the one I have bought was as carefully built!

Regards Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Geoff, please don't stop. I've bought the cnc kit just a few weeks ago, your build log and build is stupendous: its really helping this newbie out.

Have you maidened it?

If you were to do it again, what would you do different?

Do you want to sell/give away your 3D parts? Love the radial!

Thanks for creating this log.

Doug

Hi Doug.

Thanks for your kind words. I also follow others builds and am always learning.

Not quite ready for the maiden yet.

I'm happy with the build so far - will see how/if it flies!

Are you going to do a build log of yours?

I could probably sell you some of the parts - which bits are you after?

Geoff...

I have a thread started on RCGROUPS

Sorry...devil

At the moment I am in a bit of a quandry. I really want to make a full length canopy hatch, from F2 to F5.

A thin ply platform with the Top of F3 removed and added to the platform along with the longerons between F3 and F2. The platform would sit on the longerons between F3 and F5 (and I would extend this longeron to F2).

The canopy would be attached to this platform. Magnets on the back to hold in position, two small dowels for the front at F2.

Pilots, scale details to be added to the platform etc...yes this would add weight...I really just want improved battery access and cleaner hatch.

So my concern - would cutting the top of F3 reduce any torsional or torque strength from the fuselage, or is F3 just for maintaining the shape?

What do you think?

I was keenly interested in the engine stl files, I can have them printed here - our local libraries have 3d printers. I might have to do one piece a night for a few nights but that's ok. Or I can buy pre-printed. I do have the vacuum piece from Tony, but your's is pretty sweet.

Doug