BMFA membership Platform training for Club Administrators

We have organised some training workshops for any affiliated club administrators who would like to attend. We hope to arrange further sessions too.

The first is on Saturday 10th November at BMFA Buckminster at 1pm, Tea, coffee and biccies provided.
(Bring a Warbird and stay for the Warbird flyin too)

To book on any of the workshops go to the Events & Courses tile in the Members Area of the Menu on the portal. Alternatively a direct link is below

**LINK**

Edited By Andy Symons - BMFA on 27/10/2018 20:43:21

Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 27/10/2018 21:10:30:

Bit too far for me to attend, will there be a copy of the presentation available?

I am working on some slideshows but the workshops will be a little more interactive using live data.

Where are you Frank, I have requested that all the BMFA areas organise workshops so there will hopefully be one nearer to you before too long.

I attended the Leicester Seminar where the cost for club registration was estimated at around £10 per month as I recall. I have not heard what the definitive cost to Clubs will be - can this be clarified. The terms and conditions of the contract with the BMFA and the software provider are extremely convoluted and if I recall correctly no guarantee is undertaken that any service will be provided! I understand the legal implications of third parties with the BMFA and the necessity for explicit contracts but to the layman the legal terminology can be very off putting. I am sure the complexity of the document may deter some from partaking. A simple guide is needed to encourage participation.

It's an online tool, so at least a few of the training sessions should be delivered online via a free web conferencing tool. There is simply no need to make people travel to an event like this for training of this type, it's better done online from the comfort of your own home, environmentally friendly and low cost too. No major company delivers training on an online tool in person any more; the BMFA should follow that lead and offer online sessions.

Edited By MattyB on 30/10/2018 11:36:06

Posted by MattyB on 30/10/2018 11:22:06:

It's an online tool, so at least a few of the training sessions should be delivered online via a free web conferencing tool. There is simply no need to make people travel to an event like this for training of this type, it's better done online from the comfort of your own home, environmentally friendly and low cost too. No major company would delivers training on an online tool in person any more; the BMFA should follow that lead and offer online sessions.

Online is fine, face to face is much better in many peoples opinions. We may offer some online sessions too though.

Whatever is going on here ? Are you really suggesting that the BMFA have been landed with a process so complicated that club administrators need training. Surely in a day and age when most things are done on line most web based systems , even the government ones, are designed to be used by everyone of all abilities. If we have been dumped with a non user friendly geeks system the organisation is going to be in a real muddle

Posted by gangster on 30/10/2018 11:59:37:

Whatever is going on here ? Are you really suggesting that the BMFA have been landed with a process so complicated that club administrators need training. Surely in a day and age when most things are done on line most web based systems , even the government ones, are designed to be used by everyone of all abilities. If we have been dumped with a non user friendly geeks system the organisation is going to be in a real muddle

Is that a serious post? The system is actually very user friendly and quite intuitive for most people, however providing extra support so clubs can get the maximum benefit from the new platform is still very worthwhile.

Come on chaps, why so grumpy? The new system is not difficult to use and anyone that uses web based stuff for shopping, business, email etc etc will have very little problem with it. There are a few anomalies that Andy is addressing, and the questions I've had, have been answered quickly. Not all club officials will be confident with even the simplest on-line tech, let alone on-line conferencing etc. so a few meetings to run through the system seems to me, to be a good idea.

Posted by Cuban8 on 30/10/2018 12:42:20:

Come on chaps, why so grumpy? The new system is not difficult to use and anyone that uses web based stuff for shopping, business, email etc etc will have very little problem with it. There are a few anomalies that Andy is addressing, and the questions I've had, have been answered quickly. Not all club officials will be confident with even the simplest on-line tech, let alone on-line conferencing etc. so a few meetings to run through the system seems to me, to be a good idea.

No grumpiness from me. I suggested there be online sessions rather than solely face to face, and it sounds like that will happen which is fine. I do agree that fundamental usability of the system should negate the need for these type of sessions in general, but some people will always want to be guided through. As long as we don't mandate everyone has to drive 75 miles to attend one of these sessions if they want to then all is good.

Edited By MattyB on 30/10/2018 13:19:23

Andy. Yes my post was totally serious, it was not meant to be overly critical but was written with a degree of concern. I have had a look at the portal when it was first released and on the face of it it held no concerns . However when I read this chain I was worried that the BMFA felt there were issues making it less than straightforward and were having to roll out the training to address them. Incidentally someone mentioned the sticky labels in an earlier post, they were a fantastic idea so simple but oh so simple and an automatic self check. So much better than the system used by an organisation of a similar size that I am a member of But time moves on and technology makes the job even quicker and simpler. Hope all goes well with the change

Guide is quite good, but something that I need to get absolutely clear, as I'm bound to get asked......

A member in multiple clubs wishes to change his lead club, how will that work? Purpose of the transfer button?

Edited By Cuban8 on 30/10/2018 14:11:32

Posted by Cuban8 on 30/10/2018 14:10:23:

Guide is quite good, but something that I need to get absolutely clear, as I'm bound to get asked......

A member in multiple clubs wishes to change his lead club, how will that work? Purpose of the transfer button?

Edited By Cuban8 on 30/10/2018 14:11:32

Its just a simple way for an individual to specify who he considers to be his lead club, when the club member count is produced for the society agm/egms its important that a member is only counted as being in one club.

The transfer button isn't relevant to us because members can be in more than 1 club, for some sports a memebr can only be in 1 club and they need a transfer process if they wish to move clubs.

Well tried the portal again and hay presto all current members have appeared , after trying a few days ago. something is working hard behind the scenes to get it all up and running. I have looked at the documents to find out a few things but can't find how to add country members to our club, is this possible? anyone knows ?

Posted by gangster on 30/10/2018 13:52:13:

Andy. Yes my post was totally serious, it was not meant to be overly critical but was written with a degree of concern. I have had a look at the portal when it was first released and on the face of it it held no concerns . However when I read this chain I was worried that the BMFA felt there were issues making it less than straightforward and were having to roll out the training to address them. Incidentally someone mentioned the sticky labels in an earlier post, they were a fantastic idea so simple but oh so simple and an automatic self check. So much better than the system used by an organisation of a similar size that I am a member of But time moves on and technology makes the job even quicker and simpler. Hope all goes well with the change

No, we think it's very straight forward and there are no particular issues giving us concern, however providing some face to face guidance can only be a good thing.

Posted by flight1 on 30/10/2018 15:03:35:

Well tried the portal again and hay presto all current members have appeared , after trying a few days ago. something is working hard behind the scenes to get it all up and running. I have looked at the documents to find out a few things but can't find how to add country members to our club, is this possible? anyone knows ?

Have a look at **LINK**  its also in the Documents section.

Edited By Andy Symons - BMFA on 30/10/2018 15:25:40

Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 30/10/2018 15:33:15:

One of our new members was already a BMFA country member, all I had to do was hit add member put his e-mail and BMFA number in and it sent him an email, he then applied to be added to the club and I then approved as a club member, very easy.

So he's now showing as a Primary member of your club, yes? Or does he still retain country membership, but just listed as associated with your club.

Edited By Cuban8 on 30/10/2018 16:10:02