Overlander D100 V2 Charger

Rocker

Time to treat myself to a new lipo charger .I have always had a Overlander chargers because I have found there Customer Service really good and on that I want to stay with Overlander .I like the new D100 V2 charger It is meant to charge 2 lipo at the same time which is a good feature .Anyone out there used the D100 V2 charger who could give any info ,good or bad

I've got the older V1 charger, and its excellent! Be aware though, that on the V1 (and I think the V2 is the same) you only get 100W total on the internal 240V supply. If you run it on an external supply, you can get 2x100W.

However, you can tweak the balance between the outputs to give more to one than the other, provided the total doesn't exceed 100W on internal power or 200W on external.

Its only really an issue if trying to fast charge LiPos in excess of 6S - something that I don't need to do!

--

Pete

• 2 years later...

Have recently bought a D100 V2 charger. The instructions are terrible, it doesn't explain how the "Storage" function works and it is in pigeon English. Being new to the hobby it took me ages to work out how to de-charge my LiPos for storage. It started taking the charge below 3.8v per cell but didn't beep or stop automatically - is it supposed to? I am sure the charger will be an excellent buy once I find out how it works.

Posted by Neil Grayson 1 on 16/01/2021 17:37:15:

Have recently bought a D100 V2 charger. The instructions are terrible, it doesn't explain how the "Storage" function works and it is in pigeon English. Being new to the hobby it took me ages to work out how to de-charge my LiPos for storage. It started taking the charge below 3.8v per cell but didn't beep or stop automatically - is it supposed to? I am sure the charger will be an excellent buy once I find out how it works.

Neil,

I have this charger and the instructions are in Perfect English?

The Flow Chart is easy to follow

You can watch your charge on a Smart Phone

And it has a voice through the speaker

You have to set battery type or the discharge could go under voltage

Edited By Denis Watkins on 16/01/2021 18:45:03

Denis,

Hardly perfect English but understandable. My point is that it doesn't go into much detail. I have blown up the Flow Chart on my computer and printed it off so that I can see it better.

Watched the charge on my Samsung phone and I have set it as a LiPo battery. Using the Storage function is it supposed to stop and beep when it gets to 3.8 volts per cell or do you just have to keep an eye on it to stop it discharging too far? This isn't mentioned in the instructions.

As a newcomwer to LiPo's I took the plunge and upgraded from an IMAX clone to the D100v2. I put a 3S LiPo on 'Storage' charge and it stopped on 3.8v/cell so I did not have a problem. Overall I have found it easy to set up and use and I like both the PC and phone based control packages.

One small gripe (if anyone from Overlander is reading this) the charger needs a mains on/off switch somewhere - I get fed up plugging/unplugging each time I use it...!

Posted by Neil Grayson 1 on 16/01/2021 22:52:38:

Denis,

Hardly perfect English but understandable. My point is that it doesn't go into much detail. I have blown up the Flow Chart on my computer and printed it off so that I can see it better.

Watched the charge on my Samsung phone and I have set it as a LiPo battery. Using the Storage function is it supposed to stop and beep when it gets to 3.8 volts per cell or do you just have to keep an eye on it to stop it discharging too far? This isn't mentioned in the instructions.

Apologies Neil, some lines of my original post did not make it to the screen.

This charger is very versatile and does work well, and does cut off at the presets, but is user set,  by choosing battery type as you know.

The pigeon English instructions caught my eye as mine are in plain language .

All battery packs and their leads are not equal, and can upset readings

Edited By Denis Watkins on 17/01/2021 06:43:40

More features, twice the charging power in AC, three times plus the charging power in DC , colour screens, intuitve navigation and less expensive, albeit not an Overlander !

**LINK**

I have the D6 Pro version which is very similar to the above and it is excellent

The "Overlander" charger you have in mind looks exactly the same as this Sky one
**LINK**

Thanks for everyone's help.

Connected it to my computer via a USB lead and used the "Charger Master" program. Things are much clearer now. I have voice instructions working and cutting off at 3.8 Volts on "Storage" setting. Just need to make up a lead for the 12 volt input so that I can use it down the field on my lead battery.

Great forum for advice.

Posted by conrad taggart on 17/01/2021 10:24:29:

More features, twice the charging power in AC, three times plus the charging power in DC , colour screens, intuitve navigation and less expensive, albeit not an Overlander !

**LINK**

I have the D6 Pro version which is very similar to the above and it is excellent

The "Overlander" charger you have in mind looks exactly the same as this Sky one

**LINK**

Interestingly I checked both links and both items are out of stock...!!

Posted by Robert Cracknell on 18/01/2021 01:10:06:
Posted by conrad taggart on 17/01/2021 10:24:29:

**LINK**

**LINK**

Interestingly I checked both links and both items are out of stock...!!

As of yesterday they had 4 of the Hota chargers of stock as of today they have less than 3 as of 10 mins ago - from the UK warehouse !  Even managed to put one in my shopping basket and get a quote of £5.39 for express delivery.  The Sky charger is available from elsewhere in the UK though stocks of most things seem to be very low due to Brexit and the Pandemic 

Edited By conrad taggart on 18/01/2021 10:17:47

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I just bought the D100 V2 last week due to my Overlander RC6 going faulty

The total output is 100W shared between all the 3 outputs on AC supply, so let's say you give40 watts to the DC output that leaves you with 60watts to be shared on output A & B. It is then the output on A that you can adjust. The power is in the name, in other words the D200 version can supply a total of 200W.

I find the bluetooth app pretty good, for anybody that has trouble connecting  it, all my devices said they could not connect using default passwords, go into system settings, use -/+ to goto the version screen, leave it on that and watch the screen, it will show you what the app password is set to.

Whilst in the system settings you can turn ON the speech output but, in some places it's not very clear as it's a Chinese person speaking the English prompts.

The pc based software has bugs in the program setting screen and I've reported to Overlander who have passed it to their I.T. people.

I do like the leads that plug into the charger as you cannot accidentally put them together if you had connected the batteries first but you don't seem to be able to buy those as extras, I would have preferred one of the leads to have a Deans connecter but you do get 2 leads with no output connector so you can fit your own.

Edited by Steve Ashton